Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 12:22 PM

Re: Online Deliveries, Supermarkets.

Blimey Harbal! A pint of milk last you a week....
Mrs Fox doesn't drink much milk but I get through eight pints per week on average.... Porridge every day, several cups of Yorkshire tea (are there any other brands?) and the occasional bowl of Weetabix....

I love Tesco shopping, and wouldn't substitute it for online shopping as long as I can stand and breathe....
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 12:29 PM

Not only does it last me a week, Mr. Fox, I usually end up throwing a bit of it away.

I can't believe you really like shopping. That is perverse.

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 12:42 PM

I suppose one can get away with a pint a week if single and out at work all day and don't have milk in tea/coffee. Maybe you go out to a cafe most days instead so don't need to buy much milk

Going to the shops Perverse? I don't understand why. How can you see what is on special offer or on promotion without going into the shop.

Also with supermarkets you can see different brands of the same product that may not be online. A lot of supermarkets also have a cafe so one can meet up with friends for a chat ( pre corvid times)
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 12:59 PM

I can't give a reason why but the next size up is only 80 Pence, so I would probably just drink a glass or two of milk (to avoid the waste) with a 'such is life' sort of attitude.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I suppose one can get away with a pint a week
Well let me remove any doubt in your mind, and assure you that one can easily get away with a pint a week.

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

Going to the shops Perverse? I don't understand why. How can you see what is on special offer or on promotion without going into the shop.

Also with supermarkets you can see different brands of the same product that may not be online. A lot of supermarkets also have a cafe so one can meet up with friends for a chat ( pre corvid times)
I didn't say going was perverse, but I do find liking it a bit strange. You can see everything available online, too. And there are some things that I can get online which are not available at my local branch.

As for meeting up with friends, not going to the supermarket saves me the bother of hiding down one of the aisles when I spot someone I know.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

01-11-2020, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I can't give a reason why but the next size up is only 80 Pence, so I would probably just drink a glass or two of milk (to avoid the waste) with a 'such is life' sort of attitude.
Yes, I could do that, but it would still leave me wondering why I couldn't get the size I wanted.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 01:14 PM

I am 82 years old and during the first lockdown in the spring I tried to order online from Tesco but found it impossible to get a delivery slot. I gave up in the end.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

01-11-2020, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I am 82 years old and during the first lockdown in the spring I tried to order online from Tesco but found it impossible to get a delivery slot. I gave up in the end.
Yes, you and many others. Slots are available now, but you have to get in quick to grab one
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 01:30 PM

Ha ha.......When you get to know me Harbal, you will realise just how 'Perverse' I really am.....
Harbal
South Yorkshire

01-11-2020, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Ha ha.......When you get to know me Harbal, you will realise just how 'Perverse' I really am.....
Excellent, Foxy, and I've just noticed you're from South Yorkshire, so I would expect no less of you.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top