Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
pokertom
Mids,
pokertom is male  pokertom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2013, 02:34 PM

Re: Which browser are you using?

I also us yahoo from B/T .I find its easy to use with not a lot of useless jargon.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2013, 02:53 PM

My computer is an iMac but I use Firefox because Safari kept crashing

Used to use Explorer
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2013, 08:09 PM

Firefox for me.

Using Google Chrome?

Chrome has a lot of problems at the moment with lots of websites not opening correctly if at all.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2013, 03:05 PM

My son and I both had firefox, but he found it frequently ran too slow for him, so he switched to chrome, and last week, when my laptop came home, he installed chrome for me, find that it is fine.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2013, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
My son and I both had firefox, but he found it frequently ran too slow for him, so he switched to chrome, and last week, when my laptop came home, he installed chrome for me, find that it is fine.
I just downloaded and tested the latest version of Google Chrome and it seems they have fixed the issues with certain websites not opening properly.

It is a fast browser too compared to Firefox. Firefox gets bogged down by addons. Sometimes disabling them all sorts it out.
ratbag
UK
ratbag is female  ratbag has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Firefox for me.

Using Google Chrome?

Chrome has a lot of problems at the moment with lots of websites not opening correctly if at all.
thats interesting as I am having awful trouble
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

09-06-2013, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by ratbag ->
thats interesting as I am having awful trouble
Lots of websites were failing to open properly for me - and a lot of others too. Some other sites would just hang and the browser become unresponsive.

I got around it by removing Chrome entirely - as in deleting it - and downloading the latest version. Seemed to work fine after that. Could be the auto-update feature wasn't able to fix the problem. Worth a try if you really want to use Chrome.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2013, 11:35 AM

Yesterday son downloaded Chrome onto my pad and transferred all favourites so could access all later in the week when am away, tis excellent (as Mr Burns would say).
ratbag
UK
ratbag is female  ratbag has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2013, 12:14 AM

thanks MKJ might do that
PBK
New Member!
UK
PBK is male 

11-06-2013, 04:14 AM

Chrome the best choice IMO, and has a lot of interesting plug ins which other browsers lack

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top