Join for free
Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 10:35 PM

Re: Team GB

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
bbbbut he tried to drown his support team
true
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 11:17 PM

Watched Luke Campbell's fight against a really tough Irishman, and Luke was superb. Great news for the people up in Hull, where Luke has had a big effect on the local kids. What can you say about Mo Farah? We're so used to the Kenyans, Ethiopians, etc. blowing us away in distance events, that this was brilliant, such a nice feller too.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

11-08-2012, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Watched Luke Campbell's fight against a really tough Irishman, and Luke was superb. Great news for the people up in Hull, where Luke has had a big effect on the local kids. What can you say about Mo Farah? We're so used to the Kenyans, Ethiopians, etc. blowing us away in distance events, that this was brilliant, such a nice feller too.
Hi John,
the noise inside the stadium must have been deafening, he certainly dug up the reserves from somewhere.

As you say it was great to see Mr Brendan Fosters favoured Ethiopians blitzed for a change.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2012, 05:07 AM

Just had to watch Mo Farah last night, absolutely terrific, I was shouting at the screen Come on Mo!Also congrates to Murray getting a Gold, knew he had it in him.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2012, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Just had to watch Mo Farah last night, absolutely terrific, I was shouting at the screen Come on Mo!Also congrates to Murray getting a Gold, knew he had it in him.
I watched Mo Farrah on the news, his face was something to behold , every last ounce of his being went into his running.
The crowd was amazing too, I am sure it must have given Mo that extra bit of push...

I understand he will give one medal to each of the twins due soon I hope all goes well with the birth.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2012, 02:34 PM

A wonderful wonderful experience watching Mo Farah, he really did do everything just right, a fantastic effort but hasn't this Olympic Games been a huge success for all involved?
I am looking forward with great interest to the closing ceremony tonight, hope it wont be spoilt in any way, Ben Ainslie is a great choice as flag bearer.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2012, 03:05 PM

What a wonderful experience the London Olympics has been!

We watched as much of it as we possibly could whilst on holiday these past two weeks. Our lads and lassies have excelled themselves and we should be very proud of them.

Looking forward to the closing ceremony this evening!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

12-08-2012, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bob.b ->
A wonderful wonderful experience watching Mo Farah, he really did do everything just right, a fantastic effort but hasn't this Olympic Games been a huge success for all involved?
I am looking forward with great interest to the closing ceremony tonight, hope it wont be spoilt in any way, Ben Ainslie is a great choice as flag bearer.
I agree Bob I am not a sporty person but for me from the moment it began it has been a triumph both in organisation and in the superb performances of those who took part.
You can see in the faces of the competitors the dedication and sheer determination that has gone into training to compete .

I am sure a lot of young people will have been inspired to take up a sport after watching it.

As for team GB, they really have 'done us proud'. They certainly have my admiration and thanks for being such great representatives for our country
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2012, 03:39 PM

Anthony Joshua, boxing, has won our 29th gold medal.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2012, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
Anthony Joshua, boxing, has won our 29th gold medal.
A very well earned medal too, he was behind going into the last round by 5 points, and he pulled it back to level the fight only to win on a count back.
There has been a protest by the Italian boxing to the result, we are now waiting for judges to give their final verdict.

Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top