Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 09:58 AM

spam

Have had some over the years took no notice and just deleted them.

But for the last week am being bombarded with them at least 8+ a day

Problem is they are all in German.

Whats the point
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 10:21 AM

Re: spam

Originally Posted by galty ->

Whats the point
Could be that you, or someone you know, has had their sign on/password sold on.

If it gets really bad, you might need to get a new email address.
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 11:18 AM

I'm getting more of late, I just delete, but they're a damned nuisance.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Could be that you, or someone you know, has had their sign on/password sold on.

If it gets really bad, you might need to get a new email address.
Yes

It happened about 10 years ago, A site I was on got hacked.

I got a load of spam after but it died down but at least it was in English

Best one ever was I got an Email saying I had been convicted of speeding in New York and had been fined $200
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->

Whats the point

Der Punkt.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 02:28 PM

I've read that spammers gather up a whole batch of e-mail addresses in a certain area of the World and then spam them for a certain length of time. After that, a different batch is chosen and then it's their turn to get spammed.

I don't know for sure the ways of spammers but if the above is the case, the spam e-mails should eventually stop as quickly as they started. It's your turn at the moment.

The point is that if just a percentage of the thousands of spam e-mails get responded to, then it's worth the spammers while to send them.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 02:41 PM

Spam is good. I just can't eat a lot of it.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 04:00 PM

I don't know if this is the right thread or not for this but, starting yesterday morning, I've been getting landline phone calls from a very eloquent, accentless lady telling me that, unless I press #1 on my phone's keypad, I'll lose my ISP, email account and phone line. These calls have come in almost every hour, on the hour, from 9am to 5pm. They started up again this morning. Needless to say I haven't pressed #1, just hung up.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I don't know if this is the right thread or not for this but, starting yesterday morning, I've been getting landline phone calls from a very eloquent, accentless lady telling me that, unless I press #1 on my phone's keypad, I'll lose my ISP, email account and phone line. These calls have come in almost every hour, on the hour, from 9am to 5pm. They started up again this morning. Needless to say I haven't pressed #1, just hung up.

Percy, that is atrocious intrusion!
Can you not just block that number from your phone?
Or otherwise report it to the Telephone Preference people. I wouldn't put up with that.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 04:09 PM

There's no point, Mups. The numbers that come up on the display are not just unknown when you call them back (after 1471) but totally impossible numbers.

I tried to set up my provider's automatic call blocker this morning and it's not as easy as they make out.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top