Join for free
Page 10 of 44 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2020, 03:37 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Second wave of Covid-19 coming to UK, says PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
As far as I can see it wasn't, nor can I confirm that it was an Asian wedding. Either way the organisers deserve to have that fine slapped on them. They knew the rules and either broke them themselves or deliberately allowed them to be broken.
The point I was trying to make is that the police know better than to target 'certain protected types of people'!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2020, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The point I was trying to make is that the police know better than to target 'certain protected types of people'!
Hi

Not here JBR.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/...-rules-breach/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2020, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Not here JBR.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/...-rules-breach/
I'm very pleased to hear it.

However, although the article is not specific, I suspect that these people were not the 'certain protected types of people' I had in mind!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2020, 05:00 PM

Updated on Sunday 27 September 2020 at 4:00pm

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/cases
UK Summary

People tested positive

Daily 5,693

Total 434,969

The 7-day Daily Average is 5816
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 01:07 AM

Coronavirus: Up to £10,000 fine for failure to self-isolate in England

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54320482

Anyone who tests positive for Covid-19, or has been told they have been in contact with someone who has, now has a legal duty to quarantine.

From Monday, it will be a punishable offence not to comply with an official instruction to self-isolate, with fines starting at £1,000 and rising to £10,000 for repeat offenders or serious breaches.
Police officers can check that people are complying with the rules in virus hotspots and among high-risk groups based on "local intelligence", the government said.

The law applies to people who have tested positive for corona virus, or who have been told by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate as they have been in close contact with someone with the virus.

And if someone tests positive, it is illegal to knowingly give false information about their close contacts to NHS Test and Trace.
You have been warned .....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm very pleased to hear it.

However, although the article is not specific, I suspect that these people were not the 'certain protected types of people' I had in mind!
Hi

West Mercia Police do not comment on Race.

Locally, it is known who they were and they were not white Anglo Saxons.

West Mercia has a number of Inspectors and above who are not White Anglo Saxons and as such are immune from being accused of being Racist.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

28-09-2020, 09:25 AM

Pressure mounts on government to review ‘shambolic' 10pm curfew after drinkers crowd streets at closing time

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...t-b652288.html

Crowds have been seen gathered each night in English cities after the curfew came into force, with long queues forming for public transport and off licences as many drinkers continued their night in each other’s homes after pubs closed.

Sacha Lord, night-time economy adviser for Greater Manchester, said: “It's very clear, across the UK, that this ill-thought-out 10pm curfew, has pushed everyone out of venues with socially distanced measures, into the streets, into off-licences, supermarkets, overcrowded public transport and house parties. Every operator predicted this. Shambolic.”

Culture secretary Oliver Dowden insisted there was “definitely science” behind the curfew, despite a scientist advising the government saying he had “never heard” the measure discussed at Sage meetings.
That's another fine mess that the government's got itself into .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-09-2020, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
West Mercia Police do not comment on Race.

Locally, it is known who they were and they were not white Anglo Saxons.

West Mercia has a number of Inspectors and above who are not White Anglo Saxons and as such are immune from being accused of being Racist.
No, of course. No-one dare comment on race these days!

As they have senior officers who are non-white, I'm surprised that they still avoid arresting the 'certain protected types of people'!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

28-09-2020, 04:21 PM

Updated on Monday 28 September 2020 at 4:00pm

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
UK Summary

People tested positive

Daily 4,044

Total 439,013
That's a significant fall - if it can be maintained.

Hopefully, it's not due to a testing problem - there were 32,000 less tests today compared to Saturday, when there were 6,041 new cases.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

29-09-2020, 04:39 PM

Updated on Tuesday 29 September 2020 at 4:18pm

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/cases

UK Summary

Cases in United Kingdom

People tested positive

Daily 7,143

Total 446,156
Yesterday's fall was temporary, today's rise is the highest daily total on record.

Sadly, the daily number of deaths has doubled to 71 ......

Page 10 of 44 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top