Join for free
Page 30 of 51 « First < 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 09:06 PM

Re: Extinction the facts

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ey? No one has said vets should snip cats for free?
You're confusing me now JBR.

As for un-neutered dogs/cats roaming the streets with gay abandon just because they are no neutered, is just not true.
When I was a little kid they used to have the 'latch-key' dogs roaming streets, humping everything in sight, and in those days the poor puppies/kittens were then drowned at birth - ignorant and evil owners responsible though.
However, if you see a dog roaming in this country nowadays, it is usually because it has either escaped, been dumped, or is lost - nothing to do with neutering.

In all my life I have only ever had one male castrated, and that was 50-odd years ago, but being 'entire' certainly does not mean they are allowed to go roaming.
My dog Mungo was neutered before I had him . I think he would have been the same loving dog if he had not been but perhaps he would have been bolder . he has no fight in him at all and would be hard pressed if another dog attacked him.
He would just have to depend on his Mum !
Luckily she is old and fierce enough !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
My dog Mungo was neutered before I had him . I think he would have been the same loving dog if he had not been but perhaps he would have been bolder . he has no fight in him at all and would be hard pressed if another dog attacked him.
I wouldn't argue with that.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2020, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I wouldn't argue with that.
Me neither JB....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 07:09 AM

More from DA

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/scienc...nment-54319449
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 07:52 AM

More from DA

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/scienc...nment-54319449
Thanks for that link Muddy!
His words " Don't waste anything" should make us all feel guilty of throwing food away, leaving a light on or even putting the fire on when a blanket would keep us warm.
I know we will all say I don't do that, but we all do at times and I hope his words will remind us when we do!
I don't think we will suffer too much but that lovely garndchild you have welcomed to your family will
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
His words " Don't waste anything" should make us all feel guilty of throwing food away, leaving a light on or even putting the fire on when a blanket would keep us warm.
I know we will all say I don't do that, but we all do at times and I hope his words will remind us when we do!
I don't think we will suffer too much but that lovely garndchild you have welcomed to your family will
We just need to convince the rest of the world to do that before it will make a difference Twink.

And the suffering grandchild you speak of; Well mine are all in their twenties and have their own ideas how the world should be, while they stare into their smartphone and computer screens, something that their grandparents sorted out for them, together with a warm house, good education and plenty of food on the table. I don't think they have done too badly from those thoughtless grandparents who wouldn't turn their central heating off or make them eat the leftovers....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

28-09-2020, 10:32 AM

No we don’t !
We have to do that as well.
Not being environmentally responsible because the rest of the world isn’t is a very poor excuse !
My grandchildren are young as are many .
They have their lives in front of them I want to leave them a planet they can live on.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Never!

Even the old dried-up cat food the cats have left go out on the bird table. The magpies love it.
Out they come as soon as I've gone in.

There, that's my contribution to maintaining the environment.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
We just need to convince the rest of the world to do that before it will make a difference Twink.

And the suffering grandchild you speak of; Well mine are all in their twenties and have their own ideas how the world should be, while they stare into their smartphone and computer screens, something that their grandparents sorted out for them, together with a warm house, good education and plenty of food on the table. I don't think they have done too badly from those thoughtless grandparents who wouldn't turn their central heating off or make them eat the leftovers....
If the rest of this country, let alone the world, had tried harder to stop the spread of corona virus better, perhaps we wouldn't be having the problems we are.
Crowds of people outside pubs, very close together & doing what they wanted instead of working as a team to destroy this virus!
Aren't you just taking the same attitude towards saving the planet by thinking " if everybody else isn't doing it why should I"?
When I am dead, & have no children or grandchildren to worry about, at least I will rest easy knowing I care about all the living creatures that I leave on this planet.... but I suppose with many it is more "What the eye doesn't see, the heart doesn't grieve!"
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

28-09-2020, 03:01 PM

No we don’t !
We have to do that as well.
Not being environmentally responsible because the rest of the world isn’t is a very poor excuse !
My grandchildren are young as are many .
They have their lives in front of them I want to leave them a planet they can live on.
There you go again Muddy, assuming that only the self righteous hand wringers are environmentally friendly....

I am as environmentally friendly as the next man, but it doesn't mean that I can't see that unless many more people around the world subscribe to our way of thinking, It's a lost cause....
I do it because I believe it helps at a local level, not because I think it will move the earth....

Page 30 of 51 « First < 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top