Join for free
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 11:32 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Nice sunny morning brings normality into our lives doesn't it... washing out on the line with nice breeze to help dry it so you would be hard put to find anything to argue about on a day like this....well don't put a bet on that cos as there is little traffic to drown noises I could clearly hear yelling coming from down the road...it went like this.." Stuff you we're regulars....well I'm still going to see if they will open for us" etc etc

Now it had crossed my mind how those McDonald and KFC mums would cope if the unthinkable happened and they had nowhere to park little uns, have a ready made meal and moan about how life was so difficult for them. Its now happened so maybe they will try their hand at home cooking and chatting to their little uns...oh wait a minute there is still mobile phiones and social networking to pass the time with

Tolerance.. there are few things that I am intolerant of and luckily I got rid of the worse one or at a time like this I would have gone down in history as the most inventive murderess of all times...and no it would not have been strangulation by bog roll either.

Here's a thought ... as I'm still a romantic at heart... you can always say sorry or luv u via yer loo roll. :

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2020, 11:27 PM

I'm glad you got a bit of sunshine today Solo, it was dull and overcast all day here and very cold.

I see on the news that alternatives to toilet rolls are blocking the sewers now, I’m honest, I love saying ‘I told you so’, so does everyone else but all they will say is “I hate to say I told you so”, no they don’t , they love telling you so, if they hated telling you so they wouldn’t bother to mention it at all.
As I suggested here, the sponge on a stick is your only man, just wipe and wash, reusable and no blocking anything, mark my words there won’t be a sponge to be got this time next week.
The news from Hollywood is that Sponge Bob Square Pants has gone into hiding, he says he doesn’t want to be ‘no end of an ass’ and who could blame him, poor little chap.
Surely if the sponge was good enough for Roman emperors, Kings and Queens for hundreds of years it’s good enough for any old bum, or are we above them? who do we think we are…Gods?

The wife had her medicines delivered to her from the chemist today she was worried about getting it and didn’t want to burden the daughter with more messages, but now she’s a happy bunny. I’m lucky that way and don’t take any medication at all, ‘cept the odd drop of port and the Guinness. I hope they continue to deliver the medicines to everyone who needs them, that can cause anxiety especially with the old folks.

When today's generation are pensioners they will be saying to their grandkids “Oh well do I remember 2020, the year the Summer was stolen from us by tiny bugs” and they will shake their little heads in disbelief “Your are joking again grandad”
These tiny invisible to the naked eye bugs were first to be on this earth and it looks like they’re going to be the last, the little buggers keep coming back twice as strong, they are now in space on the ISS, taken there by humans, can you imagine what that would mean if humans landed on a new earth like virgin planet?

“The scientists found that the ISS has developed a stable population of some 55 different types of microorganisms. But, despite the lack of gravity, these bacteria, fungi, moulds, protozoa and viruses have adapted well to their surroundings. These metal munching microbes are known as technophiles and, as with Mir, could pose a long-term risk to space station systems. In the long run, this might result in difficulties with the proper and safe management of the space station.”
See the full article on BBC news online “How do you keep a space station clean”
Dear Lord take them away and I promise you I’ll never stamp on an ant nor swat another fly as long as I live.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 09:04 AM

Yes Jem, time has been afforded to think about our ant-ics.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 11:46 AM

I have had a mostly unused not needed mini step exercisor for years which has now been dug out and is being gasped over each day as per the instruction manual and whilst it does keeps the old legs etc in relative aching top up it doesn't beat the amount of walking that I normally do...so had my usual self distancing trot around the block last night.

As I have always disliked Supermarkets with a vengeance this takes me past my little local shop that I have always used for bits and pieces and last night the lady who runs it knocked on the window holding up a packet of liquorice allsorts....no charge.. just a little treat for me and in a packet that can be wiped clean as well. Even though I am not really a sweet eater I do occasionall like these and the kid in me grinned all the way home because I used to play stacking them though not very successfully as they got eaten before I became a grand master....or should that be a liquorice black belt.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 10:29 PM

Any alien in it’s right mind wouldn’t come near us Spitty, and that proves to me there is intelligent life out there, very intelligent life that knows what’s good for it.

Oh I do love liquorice all sorts, and I’m a sucker for fruit pastels too.

I feel sorry for all the folks and families who made holiday and other such plans for the coming Summer, so much disappointment, and the young children don’t know or understand what’s going on.
I’m glad now that I was never one for planning, just the odd break when it suits us, for who knows when one of life’s banana skins will land underfoot.

No Grand National this year, so be it, a wise decision.
I’m reminded of the 1993 Grand National that never was, when that poor jockey completed the entire 4 and a half miles to past the post first, only be told that the race was void, a bomb scare or something like that, the sad face of winning jockey Joe White was one of the most pitiful sights I have ever seen, but not as sad as the face on the wife that day, she had two quid each way on the horse that ‘won’ “Esha Ness”, she was like a bull all day after that.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 07:55 AM

First time in 30 years, won't be going to the RAF Cosford Airshow, its ironic, this would have been the first year we would have benefitted from the FIL's blue badge, so, would have had a prime slot.
solo
UK

23-03-2020, 11:58 AM

Shame about the Airshow spitty but it was inevitable under the circumstances..though I have to admit after seeing the Hunter crash I still shudder at the memory.

The 1993 was an absolute shambles from start to finish and for those watching ..was quite unbelievable and like most we had a flutter but luckily got our money back

At the time we could not understand why those jockeys who then continued the race ignored the stewards who were waving for them to stop..but they thought it was demonstrators trying to stop them

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

23-03-2020, 09:47 PM

Truly sorry to hear about your air show Spitty, I know how much you look forward to that every year.

I haven’t had a bet in over two weeks and the strange thing is I don’t really miss it, the only thing i miss badly is the companionship of the other old gits up in the local, I miss them moaning about their daily aches and pains, their hard luck stories, their solutions to the World’s problems, and most of all their dry wit. There is no substitute for ‘live’ company in my opinion, even with all it’s moans and groans.

Notice how all the other news disappears when there’s a health crisis, no more riots in Hong Kong, no yellow vests in France, and what’s happening in Syria, Yemen, North Korea, Iran, Iraq, Palestine, etc., peace everywhere it seems, not a bad thing that, pity we all have to be at deaths door before we stop fighting each other, what a strange creature the human being is.

And now lets all heed our leaders warnings and sing together, but “From a Distance”

solo
UK

24-03-2020, 10:35 AM

At an unprecedented time like this all the other troubles world wide that you have mentioned are taking a back seat Jem. The fact that continous over kill has caused such mayhem and panic here is unfortunately how things are done today and us humans with our thoughts..actions..and deeds all take such different routes and all handle problems so differently.

Some defy...some hide..some moan..some question.. some accept..some cry..some don't.. and as they say "it's the way of the world and was always so".

Keeping 6ft apart is far better than being 6 ft under...and just think of all the horror stories of living with er or im you will be able to spin next time yer in yer pub aving the craic...and believe me there will be some tales to tell on that score. You'll probably die from the laughing than from the virus.

Us loners only have our selves to please and that can be a blessing at a time like this and calling yourself a daft b****r or such like upsets nobody nor causes offence to no one but yourself. Usually makes me laugh at myself for doing something stupid.

Keep smiling

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

24-03-2020, 09:44 PM

“Keeping 6ft apart is far better than being 6ft under” Oh I love that one Solo, you clever girl you.
Yes you are right, there will be many tales to be told when we’re in the clear again, I just hope all the old devils survive to tell them.

The Son was on the phone to me yesterday, I think he’s worried about my mental health during this lockup, foolish boy, it’s far too late for that now.
He’s a decent enough painter, on canvas not houses, I tried painting but I was a dead loss at it, just couldn’t master it at all, anyway, he was telling me that I should take up modern art, he knows how much I hate abstract art and I though he was just having a laugh, but he rang the doorbell this morning and when I answered it he pointed to the little table in the porch where sat a box of artists paints, he was smiling at me and shouted (from a distance) “Get cracking Da”. And off he went.

I admit I do have some fantastic dreams with beautiful colours and strange shapes so I’m going to have a go at getting them down in paint. I will have a bit of fun naming them and explaining to the observer what they mean. I’ll probably start off in the Picasso style as that seems the easiest stuff to do, you know an ear hanging off a square head, or a female breast at the apex of a pyramid.
I will of course show you one or even two of my efforts in due course, then again I might just get pissed off with the whole thing and produce nothing, but I can at least tell the Son that I tried.

I’m sure you’ve all heard the expression “A blind mans sees through his ears” well this would be the ideal Picasso type project for me, my piece de la resistance, or whatever they say for the ultimate in modern art. I have it already mapped out in my mind, a spring for a head so his eye can twist around to get into his ear and so on, but you’ll just have to be patient and wait for it to materialise.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top