Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 01:59 PM

Re: Over 50s Forum Helpers

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Think Galty must have had a few too many. The site doesn't have a problem and Mups has never been banned!

Tess - I haven't forgotten just haven't had the time to sort it out

Thank you for saying that, Azz.
I was struggling to remember what I'd done wrong.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thank you for saying that, Azz.
I was struggling to remember what I'd done wrong.

O NO NO NO

In my stupid way I wrote it wrong again.

My meaning was

I think you would make a good helper but I also think certain people who in the past have had a ban would be as well.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
O NO NO NO

In my stupid way I wrote it wrong again.

My meaning was

I think you would make a good helper but I also think certain people who in the past have had a ban would be as well.

No worries Galty, but thank you for clarifying what you meant.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 05:52 PM

I should like to say that I have never been banned from anywhere either, except from a chat site (I was global mod) where everybody either got banned or left of their own accord.

It was hilarious and didn't last many weeks So that doesn't count

I also modded on a nice small (invite only) site which had to close due to the owner's partner becoming ill.

As a consequence, we all joined OFF

I am def not putting my name forward to be a helper.

thank you
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 10:18 PM

No, thank you.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
No, thank you.
You are a wise man
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 07:46 AM

I hope the fact, that hardly anyone is interested in being a helper, demonstrates what hard work Meg and Mags have been doing over the years. Over the time I have been here I have been happy to help by reporting any Kitchen advertising or suggesting the mods look at posts that may be offensive....but although I always try to be fair and have never been banned I am not certain that, as a helper, I could remain neutral in some situations.
I don't doubt that we all think we could do the job well, but I have seen a site that has seriously gone downhill and is now struggling to continue, owing to poor moderation.... so lets make sure that never happens here.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-06-2017, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I hope the fact, that hardly anyone is interested in being a helper, demonstrates what hard work Meg and Mags have been doing over the years. Over the time I have been here I have been happy to help by reporting any Kitchen advertising or suggesting the mods look at posts that may be offensive....but although I always try to be fair and have never been banned I am not certain that, as a helper, I could remain neutral in some situations.
I don't doubt that we all think we could do the job well, but I have seen a site that has seriously gone downhill and is now struggling to continue, owing to poor moderation.... so lets make sure that never happens here.

Do you know Twinks, I would be so sad if this site did ever finish. I know I'd really, really miss folks here if we couldn't speak anymore.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Do you know Twinks, I would be so sad if this site did ever finish. I know I'd really, really miss folks here if we couldn't speak anymore.
I think many people feel the same Mups. I sincerely believe that this is a place where you can give your opinion freely ( providing there is no nasty,personal criticisms of other members) and that is down to Azz & the Mods method of running the site.
I will also say that we have a lot of lovely members on here who will help where they can, have a laugh, and comfort others, when needed. I know they may give you a hard time when they disagree with you, on serious matters, but the vast majority of them don't make it personal and are happy to have a laugh with you on another thread. So it is up to the members to keep this site as good as it has been in the past.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think many people feel the same Mups. I sincerely believe that this is a place where you can give your opinion freely ( providing there is no nasty,personal criticisms of other members) and that is down to Azz & the Mods method of running the site.
I will also say that we have a lot of lovely members on here who will help where they can, have a laugh, and comfort others, when needed. I know they may give you a hard time when they disagree with you, on serious matters, but the vast majority of them don't make it personal and are happy to have a laugh with you on another thread. So it is up to the members to keep this site as good as it has been in the past.
Nice post BUT that's a big but.

Why over the past year +has AZZ asked for new mods and helpers and nothing happened???

I do understand that the Mods are over stretched and it seems left on their own at times

Site needs a couple new Mods and any members even if in the past they have had a temp ban should be considered.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top