Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 11:04 AM

new computer keyboard

I have just ordered my first wireless keyboard and mouse set " Logitech MK540 Wireless Combo Keyboard ". I have always used wired mice and keyboards so getting one of these is a new experience. According to the blurb they work off AA and AAA batteries, so how long do they last depending on use of course. It is being delivered from CCL computers this afternoon by DPD
Royal Mail on another order can't even give a delivery day only when they receive a parcel and when it is delivered. No wonder private delivery companies are used more and more
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 11:10 AM

Re: new computer keyboard

I have a wireless mouse on my desktop computer and the batteries have lasted over a year.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I have a wireless mouse on my desktop computer and the batteries have lasted over a year.
Same here Keezoy, I've been using a Logitech wireless mouse for the last couple of years and only had to change the batteries once. Best thing since sliced bread....
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 11:43 AM

I've been using a Logitech wireless mouse for the last couple of years and only had to change the batteries once. Best thing since sliced bread

Ditto ..... same model of mouse and same battery experience.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 11:52 AM

Same here, been using wireless mouse for years...
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 12:27 PM

Mine's a J.Burrows. Probably the same.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 03:50 PM

One wireless mouse I have is an HP X4500. This advertises a battery life lasting up to 2½ years. It's still on the first set of batteries. I can't remember how long I've had now it but it is quite a long time.

I just bought a wireless keyboard and mouse for the NUC (subject of an earlier thread) and these have a sleep function that swings into action after 10 minutes of non-use. They wake up again with the press of a button or click of the mouse. We'll see how long the batteries last.
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 04:10 PM

My wireless mouse is a Logitech as well
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 04:14 PM

well it has just arrived and typing with it now. First of all unpacking I could not find the wireless dongle it was well hidden within the packing, next plugged it in to a USB2 port and nothing zilch . What on earth? I thought to myself it don't work. Discovered it had to go into a USB3 port, something I just could not find out on the internet or the box it came with.

Now that is sorted more or less,will have to check the mouse to set it to how I want and got to get used to the keyboard as it has a wrist rest bar.
got to give it time to get to the feel of it

ok had to switch mouse buttons from left to right but that is about all apart from less pressure on the mouse to see the pointer and response time.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 05:03 PM

I've used my Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse for years and only changed the batteries a couple of times. In my experience the mouse batteries will die first.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top