Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 02:43 PM

What silly/stupid 'challenges' did you do as a teenager?

Just read this article on BBC website about teenagers getting stuck in baby seats on swings and the belief is that it stems from a social media challenge

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53578780

and it got me thinking, what silly or stupid challenge did you do when you was a teenager (younger than 17)?

The 5 that i can remember playing is:

1 - A version of the game called 'Chicken' but with knives (always used pen knives). Two people would stand a certain distance away from each other. Each person would stand with their legs apart and then each person took it in turn to throw their knife to see if they could get it to land between the persons legs. The closest was the winner (i never got hurt but I know some that did, knife in the leg or in their foot)

2 - Stairs Jump. Basically this was who can jump from the highest step/stair without causing them-self any injury. I only ever tried this at home and would always loose to my elder brother until mother caught us one day and threatened us with the cane if we did it again.

3 - Play swings jump. The idea of this was to go to your local park where there were swings, swing as high as you can and then jump off. The person who went the highest, landed the furthers away from the swing and did not hurt themselves was the winner.

4 - Swing 360 - The winner was the one who could complete a full 360 on the swing, meaning you had to a do full rotation of going over the top swings bar. In my day this was extremely difficult because the swing seats were always made of thick heavy rubber/plastic and the seat was held to the frame by metal link chain, meaning it was extremely heavy, hence why the challenge.

5 - Soda can Challenge. The idea of this was to get any fizzy drinks can, shake it as hard as you can and then pierce a pencil size hole in it so the pressure is then released. You then place the can close to your mouth and see how long you can handle having the fizzy drink forced into your mouth. The strength of the liquid being forced out the can is meant to be so strong that your not able to swallow the liquid fast enough and thus you either gag or remove the can from your mouth causing the pressurised liquid to squirt over you. The winner was the one who cold hold the can against their mouth the longest.

What was your challenge when you was at school?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 03:28 PM

Re: What silly/stupid 'challenges' did you do as a teenager?

Spreading your hand on a table while another person stabs between your fingers as fast as possible.

Climbing up the side of a cliff with no equipment.

Swimming in The Thames (in those days you came out dirtier than when you went in).
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 03:38 PM

On several occasions I streaked.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Why am I not surprised..
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 08:02 PM

I cycled the length of our road & around the bends, with no hands on the handlebars of my racing bike. No helmet in those days, not safety gear, just me in tee, shorts & sandals, in the traffic. I was lucky to survive it. Jon did applaud me at the end though. I was a proper Tomboy.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I cycled the length of our road & around the bends, with no hands on the handlebars of my racing bike. No helmet in those days, not safety gear, just me in tee, shorts & sandals, in the traffic. I was lucky to survive it. Jon did applaud me at the end though. I was a proper Tomboy.

That reminds me of the time I pedaled as fast as I could down the hill next to Greenwich park to see what speed I could get up. What I didn't know was that I had put my brake blocks in back to front and ended up whizzing across a main road. Luckily all the cars missed me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

29-07-2020, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->

That reminds me of the time I pedaled as fast as I could down the hill next to Greenwich park to see what speed I could get up. What I didn't know was that I had put my brake blocks in back to front so when I braked, they popped out and I ended up whizzing across a main road. Luckily all the cars missed me.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
We're not talking about the makeup you put on for those, ahem, "special" moments you have all alone on that incognito window when the wife's gone to bed
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:21 PM

A few of us had a short lived "dare" game at school, which involved pushing one's thumb into a zippo lighter to dampen it with petrol and then set it alight surreptitiously in class.

Lord only knows how none of us actually got hurt.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

29-07-2020, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
A few of us had a short lived "dare" game at school, which involved pushing one's thumb into a zippo lighter to dampen it with petrol and then set it alight surreptitiously in class.

Lord only knows how none of us actually got hurt.
A drunken night resulted in me attempting to pour lighter fuel over my glasses and set light to them. Luckily my mate (who was less drunk) stopped me so I kept my hair.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top