Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 11:11 PM

scam calls

We all get scam calls I know. Mine are usually from Amazon Prime.

After frightening the life out of a person they then advise them to hit 1 on your keypad to sort it out with the line manager or whoever!!

What I wonder is: What happens if you hit 1 on your keypad?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 11:14 PM

Re: scam calls

I just wouldn't try it, Carol.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
We all get scam calls I know. Mine are usually from Amazon Prime.

After frightening the life out of a person they then advise them to hit 1 on your keypad to sort it out with the line manager or whoever!!

What I wonder is: What happens if you hit 1 on your keypad?
I haven't had one from Amazon Prime but have had them from the NBN. The calls are recordings but if you press "1" you are put through to a person with a script to try and get account details out of you.

If you want a bit of fun in these pandemic times it is OK to press "1" to keep them busy just don't give any personal details out. Just ask lots of silly questions, it provides amusement for 10 minutes or so.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I haven't had one from Amazon Prime but have had them from the NBN. The calls are recordings but if you press "1" you are put through to a person with a script to try and get account details out of you.

If you want a bit of fun in these pandemic times it is OK to press "1" to keep them busy just don't give any personal details out. Just ask lots of silly questions, it provides amusement for 10 minutes or so.

I used to think that Bruce but I've come to think that any interaction with them is dangerous. I just installed a line switch on my landline phone and just turn it off. I check the message bank a few times a day. A scammer will never leave a message that reveals their whereabouts and mostly won't leave one at all. A bona fide caller you can ring back.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 12:20 AM

Be very careful.

This is actually referred to as the "press 1" scam.

Upon pressing 1 you are then transferred to a premium line, connection costs £5 and then £3-60 p/m.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by reg ->
Be very careful.

This is actually referred to as the "press 1" scam.

Upon pressing 1 you are then transferred to a premium line, connection costs £5 and then £3-60 p/m.
That is not possible here.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 08:32 AM

Just this minute had a call from Amazon Prime about my renewal, what joy it is to swear at a computer voice with impunity, quite made my morning....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 08:38 AM

I had one yesterday and all it said was Goodbye...I've had it a few times now. Its a bit disconcerting I mean what can they achieve with that call...very peculiar
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I had one yesterday and all it said was Goodbye...I've had it a few times now. Its a bit disconcerting I mean what can they achieve with that call...very peculiar
I've had that one also. If I don't recognise the number I don't even answer the phone now.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 11:50 AM

Same here tiffany...If it's not a number I know , I just wont answer

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top