Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 05:12 PM

Re: What have you done today that scared you?

HWMO had just taken the pooches for a morning walk in the fields this morning, I walked into the bathroom and came face to face with a HUGE spider standing there seemingly staring straight at me. Now anyone that knows me knows that I am terrified of the blessed things. I slowly walked backwards out of the door, closed it quickly and ran to get the spider catcher.
I braved opening the door again and with the spider catching hatch open, walked slowly towards it and pounced, trapping a and probably also causing a very frightened spider to run around trying to escape. Of course, the next thing I should have done is slide the hatch door closed but I was afraid of A. accidently squashing or it losing a couple of its legs with my blind panic to close it, and B. it might escape and exact it's revenge by jumping at me. Urrgghh! So I just left it there trapped in the spider catcher until HWMO returned, closed it properly, took it outside and put it safely out onto the top of the hedge.

I thought I was brave at the time but really I was scared. My heart was still going ten to the dozen by the time HWMO came back to deal with it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 05:17 PM

You were indeed very brave, Shropshiregirl.
Last time I saw one that size in my bedroom I yelled for Son to remove it for me, He picks them up in his hands & I stood well back in case he dropped it. The poor creature was put out in the garden.
I know they are harmless & I know they are more scared of me, but I really don't like them, the little ones & different species I can & do deal with but those hairy & very large house spiders I really can't.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I thought it was lion poo or is that to deter cats ?
A few years ago someone commented on a newspaper article on this very subject. They'd bought two sacks of lion poo to keep cats out of their garden, which the delivery man had left beside their back gate as they weren't at home. They returned to see a cat fast asleep on the sacks.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 11:36 PM

Spiders , I can't even touch a picture of one....
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 09:44 PM

What have you done today that scared you?

Looked in the mirror.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 09:56 PM

Nothing but did something that made my husband scared............i went shopping to the white rose, he needn't have worried, I only came home with a towel lol
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 10:15 PM

Every day I am scared by things I have not done, but, someone else has.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top