Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
kmh123
New Member!
Dartford
kmh123 is male 

27-09-2020, 04:32 PM

Re: And So it Begins - The Great Toilet Roll Grab!

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I think I'll just let our grass grow to the optimum length...
Fertilise the lawn at the same time !
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2020, 05:06 PM

There's no shortage of anything at my local "posh" supermarket but I'll bet the "cheapos" have been picked clean - I'll check the cheapest on Tuesday .....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2020, 09:34 PM

One of my many sisters in law uses that size roll in her toilet Bazza, she has them delivered to her from a Chinese warehouse in town, they are brown in colour obviously, as they only use recycled paper.

The brand name is “Supabum”, strong. finger-piercing proof, and specially made for folks with large posteriors, about time they started to cater for that, what with so many large people around these days.

Plenty of jacks rolls in our supermarket yesterday, and you even had a choice of “Long Wipe” or “Short Swipe”, after a bit of hype the ripe old wife chose the long wipe type to flush down the pipe, I didn’t gripe.

So now whenever I have to leave the room for a number 2, I simply say “Excuse me my dear, I’m going for the long wipe”
I believe the short swipe wipes double up as a quick fix for leaky bladders, good value that.
welshlion
Vale of Glam,Wales,U.K.
welshlion is male  welshlion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2020, 10:19 PM

Being a cynic and noticing there was no talk of panic buying until Morrisons announced they were introducing restrictions on certain items. I reckon that the move was a marketing ploy by Morrisons because people weren't buying those products at the moment due to earlier stockpiling and it appears to have been successful...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by welshlion ->
Being a cynic and noticing there was no talk of panic buying until Morrisons announced they were introducing restrictions on certain items. I reckon that the move was a marketing ploy by Morrisons because people weren't buying those products at the moment due to earlier stockpiling and it appears to have been successful...
I think you're right Welshlion!
It seems the large packs are going not the smaller ones. Lots available in Aldi and Lidl yesterday so no panic.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 08:44 AM

Actually Welsh lion I have often thought it was the supermarkets who did the shortage mongering to increase sales..... all depending on what they wanted rid of....if so it seems to work
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 08:47 AM

It was the Australians, allegedly, who set the ball rolling first time round. And now ... Morrison marketing man.

Morrison, there's a conspiracy theory in there somewhere.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 11:53 AM

I'm alright Jack.

Not that there is any shortage here but we preppers are ready for rioting in the streets when the virus affects our posteriors.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	200815 005 Toilet Paper Stock.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	13800  

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top