Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2009, 11:27 PM

Re: Is DIY a good thing?

They could have offered the fireman's lift all the same!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2009, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
It would take a bloomin' crane to rescue me Mags I'm a big lass.
Smash the windows then throw the bed mattress out and land on it.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2009, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
They could have offered the fireman's lift all the same!
Don't think they would want to risk it Mags Mind you, they were both typical firemen, tall and well fit (if you know what I mean ). I wouldn't have minded him bunging me over his shoulder all the same
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2009, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Smash the windows then throw the bed mattress out and land on it.
Actually that is what the best thing to do is Nero
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2009, 11:42 PM

Actually that is what the best thing to do is Nero
Just make sure you hit the mark so to speak.
Alicat
West Berkshire

27-11-2009, 05:15 PM

I always do Nero

Weve had British Gas here the last day and a half as weve had a Power Flush of our central heating. It cost a hell of alot but in our case it was really worth it, our central heating system is now properly working fully. He had a bit of a job with it and had to take a few of the radiators off and put them back on again where there was problem as weve also had valvues put on all the rads so you can turn them down if you want to. It cost alot of money but its really worth it. (Our previous owner even fitted the gas boiler himself , I thought it was illegal but it's not apparently, luckily there doesn't seem anything wrong with it although he has put the room thermostat right next to the boiler instead of in the hall or sitting room :).

It's costing us an arm and a leg but were gradually getting the place sorted to the level I like it of safe and secure. My last house (I was there for sixteen years) only had jobs done by professionals.

DIY fanatics ........ who'd have them It's alright if you know what you're doing of course, I'm not against all DIY people.
Alicat
West Berkshire

10-12-2009, 05:46 PM

Continuing the saga of our new home and the previous owner being a DIY fanatic, weve had a chap from the SEB here the last couple of days doing the jobs that were in our electrics testing report, and he's had to rewire the plugs in the kitchen as the previous owner had wired them with lighting cable It's like the house of horrors here! It's cost us about £2000 to have all those electric jobs in that report done including the kitchen plugs wired, an outside light and utility light put in. Still, I suppose it's worth it in the end, it's just alot of money to spend out on someone else's stupidity. Some of that money is spent on updating the electrics ie the fuse box.

I'm worried now incase the previous owner has wired up the gas boiler plug with lighting cable
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2009, 06:36 PM

Oh dear, that is worrying...... good job you had it all checked.
Alicat
West Berkshire

10-12-2009, 08:18 PM

I sound like a right whinger don't I I'm not really, honest, well I suppose I am a bit
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

10-12-2009, 08:21 PM

I sound like a right whinger don't I I'm not really, honest, well I suppose I am a bit
Not at all Alicat, it's good to know what goes on and what to look out for on occasions like this.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top