Join for free
Page 14 of 43 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 08:59 PM

Re: If you could ask god one question

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You've been to Israel? I'd love if you shared your experience.
Yes. Or Yehuda mostly and on business. Excellent relationships. No supernatural experiences.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Hard to say how many people understand the true meanings. Quite likely there are many, like myself, who understand some of the allegorical secrets encoded within but not all of it. It's a large work and contains lots of things.

I've concentrated initially on Genesis which I now see is talking clearly about the processes for creating the Philosopher's Stone. In addition, there are many words actually encoded in the text via letter spacing (known as ELS)
It's translated and translated. Wasn't it written in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek? You'd have to use all three applied to the relevant sections to analyse it with any accuracy. But I am quite happy with the idea that my mortal life will end one day.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 09:35 PM

Some people (I emphasise 'Some People' not all) see God in a human form, perhaps male, a thinking entity, and responsible for all the good things in the world, and also all the bad things in the world.....

For God, think Electricity......
Most people don't understand electricity, and most people don't want to understand electricity. They just know that when they turn on the TV it works.....

You don't blame electricity for showing distressing pictures on your TV, so why blame God for the bad things that happen in the world, Humans are largely responsible for most of the bad stuff in the world. Wild, out of human controlled energy is responsible for the rest....
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Humans are largely responsible for most of the bad stuff in the world. Wild, out of human controlled energy is responsible for the rest....
Actually the true blame lies with the fact that the life resources a human needs are not readily available. They can only be acquired through significant toil and even then, the resources are minimal.

All of life's woes stem from this core problem.

For those that took a literal interpretation of the Bible this then is God's fault. When he cast humans out of the Garden Of Eden he essentially took away the key thing they had, the Philosopher's Stone, the substance containing massive amounts of life energy.

Having that Stone means a person does not need to eat or drink to survive. It means a person does not feel the effects of extreme heat or cold (much like when we were all young kids playing out in the cold fearlessly). It also means we do not age and do not get sick.

Adam and Eve survived just fine in Eden running around naked, never getting cold or too hot, never sick or ill.

When God cast them out he began all the evil for without the Stone they were now helpless and doomed to ultimately die.

Humans have to work hard to grow fruits and vegetables and harvest them. Equally to find and create good drinking water and to acquire all the materials they need for survival, to build shelters, and everything we now have.

This requirement for resources (which are scarce) pits man against his fellow man for survival. It is that singular situation from which all ills in this world stem.

The wants and desires, the needs. They all drive behaviours and result in people fighting for the resources that all want.

It could all be ended tomorrow by giving everyone the Philosopher's Stone. Then there would be no wants, no needs. There would be no need to work, no need for money. We would all survive very happily in complete freedom.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 10:09 PM

Probably true from a human perspective Realist, but heat and cold coming together is responsible for hurricanes and tornadoes, and most other devastating weather events. Shifting tectonic plates are responsible for others, and Volcanoes add to the destruction of the human race, even if you've got a 'Get out of jail free' card in the form of a philosopher's stone......
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It is the trip of a lifetime Blue. You have to visit Jordan too. I had never thought of going to Israel until I was standing on Mount Nebo in Jordan back in 2008. Ten years on I finally fulfilled my ambition. You should try to make it happen. I felt so alive there.
That would be so exciting for me Annie. I wish I could do it, but I am not sure I could make the trip as I have so many medical issues I am dealing with.......but I would love it.......and who knows, things happen that you don't expect. I know there are a lot of TV Evangelists, and some churches around here, offering the trip. I think it is $5,000.00, but I am not sure about the prices as it varies.....well worth it as far as I am concerned.....I would be on that plane super fast if I could. I am not supposed to "fly" anymore, but I would do it anyway if I thought I could.......

Thanks for your lovely posts Annie....

I like what some of the men are saying too, and I try to keep an open mind, but you and I are "cut from the same cloth" eh?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Some people (I emphasise 'Some People' not all) see God in a human form, perhaps male, a thinking entity, and responsible for all the good things in the world, and also all the bad things in the world.....

For God, think Electricity......
Most people don't understand electricity, and most people don't want to understand electricity. They just know that when they turn on the TV it works.....

You don't blame electricity for showing distressing pictures on your TV, so why blame God for the bad things that happen in the world, Humans are largely responsible for most of the bad stuff in the world. Wild, out of human controlled energy is responsible for the rest....
Well, hello there OG Fox, I didn't realize you posted on this type of thread. I like what you had to say about blaming God for things......

Not sure about the electricity tho, I don't understand that, but I will think about it......I must do some research on that one to see what electricity is all about. You are right, when I turn on a light, I expect to see a bright glow all around me...

So who invented electricity OG Fox?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
For those that took a literal interpretation of the Bible this then is God's fault.
I don't think anything is god's fault.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

03-11-2018, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
So who invented electricity OG Fox?
I think we have to give Nikola Tesla credit for the invention of the systems now in use.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 02:08 AM

Is it 42?

Page 14 of 43 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top