Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2011, 04:44 PM

Re: Football Disappointment!

Its a pity more fans don't support their local teams, rather than the glamorous Premier League ones. I for my sins follow Lincoln City, at the moment in dire straits in League Two. Yes its wonderful seeing all the big stars, but my goodness you do pay for the privilege. Get behind the small clubs if you can, they are part of your community after all. All at a more reasonable cost.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2011, 05:09 PM

Watched the match last night,being a woman wasnt impressed although Joe said it was fast.Anyway it didnt matter as Jose was on form, oh yes Annie likes the special one. Annie.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2011, 06:42 PM

I think the icing on the cake was the way Messi took both his goals, absolute genius.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2011, 07:26 PM

Fantastic Bob, I remember him from the world cup, said to Joe oh alrightI bet £1 on Barcelona, they won so asked for my winnings and he said NO, your team sank in the boat race and you havent paid me so we are quits,ah well next time eh.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

29-04-2011, 09:44 PM

Annie, knowing just how big a fan of Jose you are I was trying to think of a way to persuade him to come to the Boleyn for what remains of the season.

Sadly he is not the patron saint of lost causes and is content like a good many others to see our once noble club continue its inexorable slide toward the Championship.

From an interview I saw he seems very certain that he wants to stay with Real Madrid despite the Champions League defeat. He has yet to get through the disciplinary charges for his post-match comments but if anyone can he can.

I must admit to be rather more interested in seeing the outcome of the FA's deliberations over QPR and the charges of breaking the now very strict third-party ownership rules over the signing of Alejandro Faurlin back in 2009.

It will be very interesting to hear what the normally vociferous Neil Warnock has to say on the subject. He was not backward in coming forward about Tevezgate.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

30-04-2011, 06:22 PM

Oh Hammer you are getting a bit technical for Annie, I know I can go on a bit but only really Manu Liverpool and I have a fancy for Arsenal.... well anyone who has good looking players really, then when the game gets boring you have something to look at. Annie.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

01-05-2011, 04:31 PM

See "theres trouble at mill"didnt see the match but from the papers today(Daily Mail) it looked that the Chelsea goalhadnt gone over the line,Rednapp is right its time they had technology like Rugby then it can be shown from the TV,the players could chip in for the cost, not. Annie.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 12:09 PM

Liverpool didn't have too much trouble beating Newcastle 3-0 yesterday and you do get the feeling that better things may be round the corner for the reds. Another goal for Maxi Rodrigues, Dirk Kuyt too with a penalty and good old Luis Suarez weighed in. Andy Carrol got a few minutes, coming off the bench but it was all over by then.

This QPR fiasco seems to have arrived about 2 years late lol but yes Hammer, it will be interesting to see what Neil Warnock has to say.

BTW: The pies were good yesterday
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 12:33 PM

Looks like my team is doomed to relegation League 1
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

02-05-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Looks like my team is doomed to relegation League 1
Who are they Mags?

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top