Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 11:42 PM

Re: Man or Monster

Running with a few who where, and not necessarily wholesome may affect that viewpoint.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2019, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
Do you want to bring back the death penalty or just lynch this one person?
Bring back the death penalty yes, for premeditated murders. There is no place for monsters in this world in my view.
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2019, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Bring back the death penalty yes, for premeditated murders. There is no place for monsters in this world in my view.
Isn't an execution premeditated murder?

Don't get me wrong, I agree that some people do not deserve to ever take another breath. I would have the same desire, that some others expressed, if it were my family that was the victims. That doesn't make it right, and I know it. I try to let logic override my emotions.

The big problem is, over here, where we execute people frequently, we have also executed people who were later found to be innocent. Every week we read about people who are being released from prison when new evidence arises. It just isn't worth it.

A lifetime locked up, with others predators, with no possibility of ever being free again, is a fate worse than a quick death anyway. People, like the subject of this post, do not fare well in prison, and they are likely to be subjected to the same kinds of tortures he dished out.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2019, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
Isn't an execution premeditated murder?
Not in law, no.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top