Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 02:55 PM

Where do you stand on this?

Just read this news article and I was shocked that the parents were arrested and charged with harassing the driver who killed their daughter.

Apparently the driver 'fainted' at the wheel, mounted the pavement, hit the teenager and two other women. The teenager died and the women now have life changing injuries and the driver got off scot free, the CPS refused to prosecute. The link below is a news article on the crash.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/...ision-16138181

Now it turns out that due to what appears to be campaigning by the deceased girls parents to try and get justice for their daughter, they have been arrested and charged with harassing the driver and his wife. news report below

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/21/greiv...iver-11945719/

Therefore my question is, to those of you who are parents, would you do the same/behave in the same manner as the parents of the dead teenager? or would you just try and move on with your life, knowing the killer of your child escaped prosecution due to defence of 'being faint at the wheel'?

I am not a parent but i am angry at the parents being arrested and taken to court whereas the killer of their child avoided court.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 03:19 PM

Re: Where do you stand on this?

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Just read this news article and I was shocked that the parents were arrested and charged with harassing the driver who killed their daughter.

Apparently the driver 'fainted' at the wheel, mounted the pavement, hit the teenager and two other women. The teenager died and the women now have life changing injuries and the driver got off scot free, the CPS refused to prosecute. The link below is a news article on the crash.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/...ision-16138181

Now it turns out that due to what appears to be campaigning by the deceased girls parents to try and get justice for their daughter, they have been arrested and charged with harassing the driver and his wife. news report below

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/21/greiv...iver-11945719/

Therefore my question is, to those of you who are parents, would you do the same/behave in the same manner as the parents of the dead teenager? or would you just try and move on with your life, knowing the killer of your child escaped prosecution due to defence of 'being faint at the wheel'?

I am not a parent but i am angry at the parents being arrested and taken to court whereas the killer of their child avoided court.
Well I suppose we have to accept that the courts, the CPS and the legal profession are primarily concerned with their own benefit and not the good of the public at large.

I don't know all the details, of course, but has the driver who killed them been medically examined and proved to have had some sort of 'episode'? If so, should he have been driving?

We should also consider the fact that the man who killed them was driving a BMW.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well I suppose we have to accept that the courts, the CPS and the legal profession are primarily concerned with their own benefit and not the good of the public at large.

I don't know all the details, of course, but has the driver who killed them been medically examined and proved to have had some sort of 'episode'? If so, should he have been driving?
The man was medically examined, it is the very first time he fainted (he was 51 at the time of the crash). Both his doctor and family confirmed the man has no history of fainting and never fainted before BUT because he was able to describe to medical experts the effects he was suffering prior to him fainting, the experts we happy with his version of events and the CPS agreed and said he had no case to answer.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 03:59 PM

The parents don't want justice, they want revenge.

Based on what we read here the CPS are correct in their actions.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 05:58 PM

We should also consider the fact that the man who killed them was driving a BMW.
Why, JBR, what difference does it make? All cars are potentially lethal weapons.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 06:14 PM

I would like to think I would move on but if I didn't agree with the CPS and I honestly thought my daughter had been killed due to the drivers negligence and his lies had got him off scott free I'm not so sure.

Its obvious the parents feel their daughter has not had justice and I'm sure they feel they have been dealt with unfairly.....

I'm not sure what I would do to be honest.... I hesitate to say I might take the law into my own hands but maybe I would.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

I agree! Enough about bias given because the driver's car was a BMW, or it's all about who you know - what utter tosh! If the driver had been neglient, he would have been arrested!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Why, JBR, what difference does it make? All cars are potentially lethal weapons.
Ah, but people (especially men) who drive BMWs are a law unto themselves. They are not obliged to drive within speed limits, may park wherever they wish, must always drive in the third lane of motorways (except when entering the motorway and progressing out to their preferred third lane), and are not obliged to stop at red traffic lights.

If you drive, you must surely have seen them for yourself.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 07:43 PM

Ah, but people (especially men) who drive BMWs are a law unto themselves. They are not obliged to drive within speed limits, may park wherever they wish, must always drive in the third lane of motorways (except when entering the motorway and progressing out to their preferred third lane), and are not obliged to stop at red traffic lights.

If you drive, you must surely have seen them for yourself.
Aha - not being a driver - I was not aware of all that. Thank you!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

Have to agree, what everyone reading this must understand is that parents (especially the mother) always sides with their offspring. Just consider how many mothers have screeched to the world that their murdering son is innocent.

There have even been cases where the man has pleaded guilty but the mother still proclaims his innocence.

I'm not going to comment on the case above except to say that just because someone drives a BMW and just because he's not had any previous medical emergancy (fainting) does not mean he is guilty. If he had had the fainting incident on the golf couse the story would not have even reached the local rag. There's a first time for everything.

As I say I'm not commenting on this specific case, the CPS probably spent a lot of time reviewing the case, we have to go by their decision.

The CPS have also decided to charge that American women involved in a fatal car accident with dangerous driving, she may be guilty of that, but all the publicity is aimed at her, not once have I seen any report on the speed Dunne was traveling at on his motorcycle when he hit the car, that's kind of important but no one seems bothered by that.

Judging by some of the motorcyclists who overtake me I think he was probably exceeding the limit, but like I say no one seems bothered by that.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top