Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 03:30 PM

Re: Still argue ing!! HS2!!

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
LOL!

Oh yes we do.

Sod the French.

We will need to have our border controls here in any case. I'd like to see a visa requirement with our border controls here and no legitimate permission to enter the UK then straight back on whatever the illegals used to reach our border control just as is done in other countries.

We're now getting OUR independence back, no longer to be some vassal state to the European Commission.

We won't be subject to EU rules and regs. Our country - WE will call the shots and be free to give the bums rush to illegals and the undesirable.

We might have to set up some long term, and I MEAN long term camp, preferably in some third world country, for illegals or undesirables who don't assist in their repatriation, but that's all for the good.

This is the start of something very very good. Bring it on.
Hi

We have to comply with International Law.

Once they are in our International Waters they are ours to deal with.

End of, we will not be able to stop them in France.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We have to comply with International Law.

Once they are in our International Waters they are ours to deal with.

End of, we will not be able to stop them in France.
If they are in our waters or airspace then deal with them by turning them back to their port of departure - or intern them indefinitely preferably offshore until they cooperate in being returned to their homeland.

It works for other countries such as Australia so there is no reason why we should not do the same.

Same with illegals and undesirables AND THEIR FAMILIES.

To hell with international law, especially the ECHR. When other countries pay other than lip service to the UN MIGHT be one thing but NONE do if it doesn't suit them - except stupid snowflake Great Britain.

BREXIT should include putting an end to that.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 04:26 PM

The whole HS2 project has been a farce

Ok it will allow a few people get somewhere a bit faster while a lot of the country can get hardly anywhere at all regardless of the speed...
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I see the border control guys actually returned a boatload to calais Yesterday Swimmy!
Donkeyman!
Really? Hadn't heard or seen anything about that but fabulous news. About time too!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Really? Hadn't heard or seen anything about that but fabulous news. About time too!
Yes, l saw bit on one of the news channels ( think it was bbc)
Lets hope its a trend not an event!
Donkeyman!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Yes, l saw bit on one of the news channels ( think it was bbc)
Lets hope its a trend not an event!
Donkeyman!
Let's hope some freight carriers are brought into use.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Let's hope some freight carriers are brought into use.
Does that mean trade will continue then Todgy?
I think l made a mistake about the boat being turned back though?
The shot they showed was taken before Xmas and the migrants
had just been returned now apparently!
Still its a start!
Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

24-01-2020, 02:27 PM

Back on the HS2 subject, l just read an excellent article on this
today written by Simon Jenkins, in the guardian where he lays out
all the pros & cons and the motivations of the opposing factions!
For anyone interested in this subject, and in how our money is
being used or misused l recommend you read this article!!
Regards Donkeyman!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 12:56 PM

I don’t read a lot about HS2 because every time I read, watch or hear about it, it is usually something sickening such as the destruction of more of our beautiful countryside and buildings, or the astronomical costs that have risen since the first figure quoted.
What on earth is it all about? Eye-watering sums of billions of pounds for a hunk of metal to be able to whisk rich businessmen to and from London to Birmingham and Manchester by an extra 20 minutes?? Are we really meant to believe that the ordinary travelling public, by the time it is finished, will ever be able to afford a ticket to travel in such luxury?

I’ve also heard all the guff about the onward plans for Leeds, Glasgow, Edinburgh, etc, What’s the betting by the time these plans are put into action, if ever, the error of their ways will have hit home and the cuts to all these grandoise plans will kick in. So once again as is the norm, the North will not benefit. I can also bet that by the time the second phase starts, HS2 will be almost obsolete.
My understanding is that it will travel at 250mph. For goodness sake, the fastest Japan has had for years is 360mph. So what’s all the fuss about this supposed state-of-the-art train?

It breaks my heart at the thought of our beautiful countryside and cherished buildings being deliberately destroyed just so rich backsides can sit on a plush seat to get to and from their destination station 20 minutes earlier than the masses, when the cost of train travel for ordinary passengers is so expensive, we are packed in like sardines and our station platforms are a disgrace.(many being too short for trains).

Why can’t that money be spent instead on fixing the nation’s whole rail infrastructure?
Why is it that only London, Birmingham and Manchester seem to count? The time for expensive toys for the boys should only be undertaken when our own travel in the North which bears the brunt of all that is wrong, but is forever last in line when investment and big money such as this, is available.

And they wonder why Northern passengers have legitimate gripes over HS2?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

30-01-2020, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I don’t read a lot about HS2 because every time I read, watch or hear about it, it is usually something sickening such as the destruction of more of our beautiful countryside and buildings, or the astronomical costs that have risen since the first figure quoted.
What on earth is it all about? Eye-watering sums of billions of pounds for a hunk of metal to be able to whisk rich businessmen to and from London to Birmingham and Manchester by an extra 20 minutes?? Are we really meant to believe that the ordinary travelling public, by the time it is finished, will ever be able to afford a ticket to travel in such luxury?

I’ve also heard all the guff about the onward plans for Leeds, Glasgow, Edinburgh, etc, What’s the betting by the time these plans are put into action, if ever, the error of their ways will have hit home and the cuts to all these grandoise plans will kick in. So once again as is the norm, the North will not benefit. I can also bet that by the time the second phase starts, HS2 will be almost obsolete.
My understanding is that it will travel at 250mph. For goodness sake, the fastest Japan has had for years is 360mph. So what’s all the fuss about this supposed state-of-the-art train?

It breaks my heart at the thought of our beautiful countryside and cherished buildings being deliberately destroyed just so rich backsides can sit on a plush seat to get to and from their destination station 20 minutes earlier than the masses, when the cost of train travel for ordinary passengers is so expensive, we are packed in like sardines and our station platforms are a disgrace.(many being too short for trains).

Why can’t that money be spent instead on fixing the nation’s whole rail infrastructure?
Why is it that only London, Birmingham and Manchester seem to count? The time for expensive toys for the boys should only be undertaken when our own travel in the North which bears the brunt of all that is wrong, but is forever last in line when investment and big money such as this, is available.

And they wonder why Northern passengers have legitimate gripes over HS2?
The HS2 track will also provide fast freight service too. It's not just people by any means but with BREXIT the freight argument is substantially weakened.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top