Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 07:41 PM

Re: A rant

Off on a slight tangent...If it wasn't for me nagging Mr Glanny 7 years ago to get his hearing tested he probably wouldn't be here today!! After months of me "suggesting" he eventually went to the GP about his hearing and he just happened to mention to the Doc that he hadn't had any kind of medical check up for 12 years, so the GP ran the usual tests, including a PSA test...which turned out to be quite high. After biopsies and scans he was diagnosed with prostate cancer. I'm sure there is a more appropriate thread about this so I won't go into details, suffice to say thanks to all the treatment and the wonderful NHS he is absolutely fine.
Can't say his hearing has improved though...!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
Can't say his hearing has improved though...!
He heard that ... pardon?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I'm not wont to rant.........
But this one.
I'm deaf in my left ear. Have been for years. I knew that..Didn't need a hearing test But Now the right ear is doing funnies.
My dear fife made an appointment at the surgery.
"The nurse will examine your ears for wax."
We go along. No wax problem. I knew that.
"Make an appointment for a hearing test."

We did. "You are deaf in your left ear."
I knew that. Didn't need confirmation.

"See your GP."
GP appointment made. I will be referred to and ENT clinic.
Now four appointments to get ONE problem looked at/diagnosed/fixed. Even if it can be.

Rant over.
Personally, I wouldn't be complaining unless there's something to complain about.

My experiences at my GP, the local general hospital and the Manchester Eye Hospital have been without any problems. Over the past year, I have attended the eye hospital for no less than three operations and several follow-up appointments and have experienced exemplary help and treatment.

We all know from the press and media that there have been examples of mistakes and poor treatment, but I'm willing to bet that these are very much in the minority and, bearing in mind how very oversubscribed our health service is these days, I would expect the occasional cock up.

And remember that, at least for now, this is still all free except for dental treatment and prescriptions.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Personally, I wouldn't be complaining unless there's something to complain about.
I didn't. See post *7.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I didn't. See post *7.
I didn't mean you. I meant me.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I didn't mean you. I meant me.
My apologies, sir.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top