Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 02:16 PM

Re: Spain v Gibraltar

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What would happen to the Tourist Trophy?
That awful bloodfest should have been consigned to history decades ago.

The "race" course is totally unsuited for modern motorcycles because of the stone walls with hugely inadequate straw bales providing supposedly safety measures not to mention the antics of swarms of "wannabes" bikers who get killed or injured trying to emulate the idiots who race.

One TERRIBLE aspect of this is that while a few people make a fortune from the vastly inflated prices the majority are just inconvenienced but of course it's the minority who are coining it in who could end this nonsense but obviously won't.

Worst of all, and this IS disgusting, is while the Manx cream off the cash it's mostly us who pick up the costs because it's us who have to pay for the consequences of the deaths and injuries.

It's a rotten little place that enables tax dodging by tax evasion as well as tax evasion and money laundering.

It should be sunk.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
That awful bloodfest should have been consigned to history decades ago.

The "race" course is totally unsuited for modern motorcycles because of the stone walls with hugely inadequate straw bales providing supposedly safety measures not to mention the antics of swarms of "wannabes" bikers who get killed or injured trying to emulate the idiots who race.

One TERRIBLE aspect of this is that while a few people make a fortune from the vastly inflated prices the majority are just inconvenienced but of course it's the minority who are coining it in who could end this nonsense but obviously won't.

Worst of all, and this IS disgusting, is while the Manx cream off the cash it's mostly us who pick up the costs because it's us who have to pay for the consequences of the deaths and injuries.

It's a rotten little place that enables tax dodging by tax evasion as well as tax evasion and money laundering.

It should be sunk.
I thought you were an advocate of tax evasion Todgy?
Have you had a revelation??
Donkeyman!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope, not a listening post, neither are the few troops relevant at all.

It used to be highly valuable, but times have moved on.
Any and every listening station close to Islamic Africa is worth its weight in gold. As for Turkey, that one country that should be kicked out of NATO years ago and now more than ever.

Facilities at Gib are hugely valuable for us and in addition especially the USA which for all its defects with GOP president I would trust way above ANY other NATO member.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

02-02-2020, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I thought you were an advocate of tax evasion Todgy?
Have you had a revelation??
Donkeyman!
There's tax avoidance and tax evasion.

Avoidance is legal, evasion is not.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 02:58 PM

Any and every listening station close to Islamic Africa is worth its weight in gold. As for Turkey, that one country that should be kicked out of NATO years ago and now more than ever.

Facilities at Gib are hugely valuable for us and in addition especially the USA which for all its defects with GOP president I would trust way above ANY other NATO member.
Hi

There are no listening facilities in Gibraltar, neither are there any uploading stations.

I agree with you about Turkey.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 03:07 PM

There's tax avoidance and tax evasion.

Avoidance is legal, evasion is not.
Hi

Time for a change, if you do not pay in on the basis of earnings. you should not get any Benefits, such as the NHS.

Apart from my Injury Pensions, I pay full Tax.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 03:22 PM

I beg to differ ....

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

02-02-2020, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There are no listening facilities in Gibraltar, neither are there any uploading stations.

I agree with you about Turkey.
Modern world listening stations do not always comprise of gert big aerials, nor does all monitoring take place over HF radio waves.

Microwave links certainly are utilised as one means of haul-back from remote concentrators that monitor and capture cell phone traffic so but high rate high frequency microwave link was employed AS PART OF A INFO CAPTURE SUBSYSTEM the actual array would likely not be much more than 20 - 30 cms across diagonals active array which would provide a high gain element for the microwave W band delivering at least 24dB gain.

Thats more than adequate for a line of site plus 10% haul in all but the worst of weather including pretty awful sand loading in the path.

And yes, I DO know what I'm "on about".

BTW - Forgot to mention I can make a really good cup of coffee too!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

02-02-2020, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I beg to differ ....

Doesn't apply to those who are not supporting and have not been the health service. For them emergency first aid only in order to stabilise them - and then pay or go.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2020, 03:36 PM

According to this slightly dated link Gibraltar has thrived on the betting industry and low tax. Tourism is a big thing including re-fuel of cruise ships, as is financial services. The armed forces element is scaled down these days. It seems a very fragile economy very dependent on free movement and free markets.

https://english.elpais.com/elpais/20...69_310557.html

https://www.pwc.gi/about-us/about-gibraltar.html

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top