Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 02:08 PM

Re: Deadly mexico

Much of the lawlessness in Mexico is the result of American's desire for illegal drugs. When you build criminal empires the results are predictable.

I just wonder why anyone who had a choice would choose to live in a country where they felt unsafe. Perhaps, since you see the problems first hand you can understand why good families want to leave there.

I have vacationed in Mexico, though some years ago, and I loved the people and the place regardless of our cultural differences.

Most of the interaction I have had with people from South of the border is positive. I worked in construction, hand in hand, with them for years. I found them to generally be honest, smart, hardworking and devoted to family.

Of course, Trump and his followers see anyone with brown skin and a Spanish accent as rapist and murderers. They are our modern day untermensch upon whom we blame all of our own failures. Sound familiar?
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I find it extremely interesting that former Spanish colonies, as compared to former British colonies, are almost always corrupt and crawling with drug kings. The former British colonies that I have been in are law abiding and civilized places.

I have spent 9 years in Mexico and 7 years The Philippines and I have found them to be exceedingly corrupt. It, therefore seems to me that the Spanish did an excellent job of teaching the native inhabitants how to steal everything that was not nailed down. The British, on the other hand, seem to have brought and taught civilized behavior.

I think the residents of Kingston, Jamaica may disagree.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Perhaps so. Since I have never been to Jamaica I can't offer any input.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 11:47 PM

Bakerman - not being contentious here, just curious - but - if life in Mexico is so bad - why do you stay?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
There is a theory true or not I don’t know .
In the dreadful slave trade the slaves first coming from Africa via the U.K. first stopped in Barbados .
Here the best looking and most docile slaves were sold .
The last stop in the Caribbean was Jamaica where the difficult and troublesome slaves were sold .
Perhaps people in Jamaica are genetically more feisty .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 01:43 AM

A friend of mine studied in Mexico he was a towering well built young man .
His university was in the country he said he never went to Mexico City as it was so dangerous .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 02:49 AM

Hi

Yes, Mexico is very dangerous in places.

So is every Country.

It is all relevant and a matter of Common Sense.

The USA has a high rate of gun crime.

Been there many times on work, taken my kids twice, only once an issue.

A Redneck Lunatic, not representative of the vast majority.

We have complete idiots here in the UK as well.

They may not have guns, but they have knives.

My last trip abroad working, coped with it, they had firearms.

Back to the UK and a threatened mugging on a Sunday Morning in Stoke on Trent, two idiots with knives.

The UK has problems as well.

The vast majority of Mexicans are lovely people.

The vast majority of Americans are like Surfermom. they are very welcoming and would not hurt a fly.

No different to the UK.

If your first experience of the UK is Shrewsbury Town Centre, it is fantastic and welcoming.

If your first experience of the UK is Telford Town Centre, which is only 15 miles away, hang on to your wallet and mobile.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Bakerman - not being contentious here, just curious - but - if life in Mexico is so bad - why do you stay?
It's simply a case of financial need. The average apt in San Diego rents for aprox $2,000 USD/month. My place in Mexico costs me only $240/month. And my water bill is zero and my electric costs me only $12/month
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 01:15 PM

Let me make sure that I understand the situation. You and your family live in Mexico to take advantage of the economic benefit, but you resent Mexicans and their families who live in the US to taking advantage of the economic benefit. Have I got that right?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
For those considering travel to Mexico.

Mexico, without any doubt is one of the most dangerous countries on Earth.
USA has almost twice the rate of firearms fatalities.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top