Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 09:36 PM

Re: £85,000 fine for jet lunatic

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The bit I did not understand was a two year custodial sentence. She was clearly out of her mind and they say it's because she mixed alcohol with her medication. This can make you act crazy but is it necessary to waste public money on locking her up?
I suppose she has to be punished for her actions. I read somewhere that she had previously been done for drink-driving too.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 09:55 PM

There is a drug available that gives you superhuman strength. I can't remember it's name, but I remember hearing about a five foot tall slightly built woman who single handedly fought off four beefy American policemen. She was finally brought down with a cattle prod. Sounds similar to me.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
There is a drug available that gives you superhuman strength. I can't remember it's name, but I remember hearing about a five foot tall slightly built woman who single handedly fought off four beefy American policemen. She was finally brought down with a cattle prod. Sounds similar to me.
But that describes a psychotic episode.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 10:29 PM

She was pissed. Apparently on medication too (if you believe that). But she clearly has problems.
Good point re how could she afford the air fare, and the holiday.
However, I don't believe she should be locked up. Won't do her any good at all and a total waste of resources.
She needs help but she should not go unpunished.

I also don't believe any "white collar" crims should be locked up. Save the prison space for the violent and serious offenders.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I doubt she will ever pay it off. Probably get some deal where she pays £2 a week for the rest of her life.
That means to pay it off, she will have to live for another 818 years.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

14-02-2020, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yep!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Makes you think what a stupid penalty it is.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 10:05 AM

Obviously the walking example of New variant Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease ( aka mad cow disease) had to be stopped from running amock but unless she had the strength to lift two African bull elephants in musk there's no way in hell that she could have opened the door on a passenger aircraft in flight, at least once past 8000 feet and certainly not once in the cruise.

Next time on a plane note how the door hinges act such that the door actually seals to the inside of the cabin. Pressure differential then seals it tight. Really tight.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Obviously the walking example of New variant Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease ( aka mad cow disease) had to be stopped from running amock but unless she had the strength to lift two African bull elephants in musk there's no way in hell that she could have opened the door on a passenger aircraft in flight, at least once past 8000 feet and certainly not once in the cruise.

Next time on a plane note how the door hinges act such that the door actually seals to the inside of the cabin. Pressure differential then seals it tight. Really tight.
At thirty odd thousand feet Todger, wouldn't the pressure inside the plane be greater than outside the plane and therefore the door would be more likely to blow open and release the pressure if not secured substantially.

Observe a gas filled balloon that expands the higher it goes due to the lack of pressure outside the carcass, until eventually it will burst, falling back to earth....

Ignore that Todger.....
Just realised that the doors open to the inside of the plane....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top