Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 06:44 PM

Special Fridge Shelf for Vegans?

Not sure if this story has been posted elsewhere.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-51557090

My question is why? Why should vegans have a special shelf? Is their food not properly wrapped or in a container? Does it even need to be refrigerated anyway?
What about people who adhere to special diets for religious reasons? should they have special shelves too?

If anybody should need a special shelf it would be people with potentially life threatening food allergies.
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 06:59 PM

Re: Special Fridge Shelf for Vegans?

Reading the article it does say "in the workplace " so seems sensible.
A vegan or even vegetarian would not want their lunch beside others' meat or fish products and perhaps not all employees would be that careful at wrapping or covering their food.
Whether or not anyone's food actually needs refrigerating would depend on what it contained. After all the vegan food in the supermarket is usually refrigerated.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 07:02 PM

Just the usual pc claptrap of pandering to minorities.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 07:10 PM

Oh stop moaning!

We should be grateful they didn't ask for a separate fridge......or a separate kitchen
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Oh stop moaning!

We should be grateful they didn't ask for a separate fridge......or a separate kitchen
They probably will in due course.......
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 07:32 PM

30-year vegetarian here. You have to adapt for the majority, unless you have a food allergy as previously mentioned.

If I don't want to pick up the taste of meat that is circulating in a fridge (which I can, in the same way smokers can smell very minute amounts of smoke), then it is up to me and other vegetarians and vegans to seal up our food properly.
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Just the usual pc claptrap of pandering to minorities.
Your lack of understanding suggests that you are not a vegan.
Do you believe that only majorities are entitled to have their beliefs respected?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 07:38 PM

Wooo ... is that a vegan burger? Looks nice

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-51557090
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

19-02-2020, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Xandra ->
Do you believe that only majorities are entitled to have their beliefs respected?
I'm sick to death of minorities banging on like they're something special and expecting the majority to appease them every 5 minutes.
And no, I'm obviously not a vegan.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Xandra ->

I like vegan food, I like all sorts of food, when done nicely.

I didn't know veganism was a belief ....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top