Join for free
Page 6 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 10:08 AM

Re: No Words for this ....

Labour councillor Jas Athwal has distanced himself from the Redbridge Library Summer Reading Challenge after they used taxpayers money to hire a naked monkey with a massive dildo to perform for children. This idea from the Labour run council clearly flopped…

On Friday night Jas tweeted:

“This is disgusting. I have taken immediate action. Upon finding out, I contacted Vision [and they] confirmed that the contract has been cancelled, an apology is sought in the first instance and an explanation will be scrutinised by the council’s legal team.”

Though Redbridge library have now apologised for the “inappropriate” costume, they commented “if you’ve got it, flaunt it” on social media earlier in the day. They also apparently blocked concerned constituents and labelled them “lecturing Johnny come latelys'”. Redbridge council spent the day rubbing its constituents the wrong way…

Vision RCL – who arranged the event – reportedly received £740,000 as part of the government’s cultural recovery fund. Guido doesn’t understand why the government is monkeying around with taxpayer’s money…
It’s so refreshing to see our Labour councillors spending taxpayers money so wisely….

Labour, the party that keeps on giving.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Shouldn't children be entertained by Prince's kissing frogs and wooden puppets with long noses? I think I'd be a bit p$ssed off if my daughter had come home from school and when asked what she had done today replied "I saw this bare arsed monkey with a big dick dancing round the class!"...
How many children were present and watching this well endowed monkey, Foxy?

Were they there in the form of an assembled audience? Did they just inadvertently see it as they were passing by? Did any children actually see it at all?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 10:10 AM

Does it matter, one child, or fifty?
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Does it matter, one child, or fifty?
It doesn't matter to me, Vlad, but I'm not getting all worked up by it.

Just out on interest, Vlad, what would be the terrible consequences of a child witnessing the alleged antics of this monkey?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
How many children were present and watching this well endowed monkey, Foxy?

Were they there in the form of an assembled audience? Did they just inadvertently see it as they were passing by? Did any children actually see it at all?
I can see your point Harbal, the media does like to exaggerate or leave our crucial information in order to provoke a response. Some people even do it on the forum.......
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 10:20 AM

But is public opinion usually an accurate barometer of the underlying truth of the matter?

I don't think so. Public opinion seems, more often than not, to be based on misconceptions, which themselves are based on misinformation coming from agenda driven sources.
I don't really care what 'truth' this is wrapped up in. No truth can justify someone dressed as a monkey with a prosthetic penis and bare bum being hired to 'entertain' children.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 10:22 AM

Just out on interest, Vlad, what would be the terrible consequences of a child witnessing the alleged antics of this monkey?
Wishing they had got a 'Jim's Done it for me' badge before he died....
Vlad
West Midlands UK

13-07-2021, 10:23 AM

If you have to ask there is little point discussing it with you.
Such a pity really, I enjoyed reading some of your posts but this recent ‘look at me being radical’ attitude makes me think that you are now just a WUM.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-07-2021, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I don't really care what 'truth' this is wrapped up in. No truth can justify someone dressed as a monkey with a prosthetic penis and bare bum being hired to 'entertain' children.
I agree Sheba. It goes beyond bad taste....
Harbal
South Yorkshire

13-07-2021, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
No truth can justify someone dressed as a monkey with a prosthetic penis and bare bum being hired to 'entertain' children.
And is there no doubt in your mind that this is actually the case? Is it really as cut and dried as that?

Page 6 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top