Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 04:32 PM

Re: Boris Johnson joked elderly could 'get Covid and live longer' in WhatsApp exchange

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Zaphod,forever the optimist....
The BBC fail to report on important news items to give the likes of Cummings the headlines when he hasn't produced a scrap of evidence to back up his claims. If it wasn't so serious it would be laughable....Boris should sue the pants off him, hasn't Cummings signed the official secrets act or something? To think Boris stood by him when he flouted the covid rules.

My quote, although about a BBC inteview, is from the Telegraph.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 04:51 PM

Re: Boris Johnson joked elderly could 'get Covid and live longer' in WhatsApp exchange

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Thanks Omah, I'll see what GB News has to say about it tonight....

Big full page spread on BBC news this morning though.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57854811
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 05:01 PM

Hi

A personal view.

Boris is and has been a disaster.

He is however infinitely better than Corbyn.

And Patel , useless as she is, is much preferable to Abbott.

There is absolutely no way I would have worked for Corbyn and Abbott.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 06:12 PM

In interviews like this when quotes are used out of context and only supported be someone like Cummings suddenly surface I'm naturally suspicious. Why now? In particular since his last expose' had little effect.

Laura is a fading star on the BBC these days,perhaps they have told her to get her finger out.

As for Cummings, he's a very sad man, like a jilted lover bent on revenge.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Then surely you must realise that your Telegraph quote is completely reliant upon what the BBC is saying?
"According to messages disclosed to the BBC ..." it says.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by rainmaker ->
in interviews like this when quotes are used out of context and only supported be someone like cummings suddenly surface i'm naturally suspicious. Why now? In particular since his last expose' had little effect.

Laura is a fading star on the bbc these days,perhaps they have told her to get her finger out.

As for cummings, he's a very sad man, like a jilted lover bent on revenge.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

20-07-2021, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A personal view.

Boris is and has been a disaster.

He is however infinitely better than Corbyn.

And Patel , useless as she is, is much preferable to Abbott.

There is absolutely no way I would have worked for Corbyn and Abbott.
I get that you don't much care for Boris (or Priti or a few others judging by your posts) and you are, like everybody else, quite entitled to your own opinions.
But AFAIC if this is what you call a "disaster" I would dearly love to see what success looks like?
Your hatred and negativity is, to me, baffling.

The Boris-led vaccination programme is leading to a remarkably low number of deaths given the number of infections (and we test far, far more people than any other major economy); those that are hospitalised are seeing much shorter average stays in hospital thanks again in large part to the vaccination programme; the economy looks as if it is doing well and there are more job vacancies than workers which is leading to rising wages; inward investment continues apace which will lead to further economic improvements and at the same time we are becoming more self-reliant in many areas; ............. I could go on and on but firstly that would be unfair to the thread and secondly if you've ignored all of it already then my pointing it out to you is unlikely to make any difference.

Is our country perfect?
No, obviously not.
But especially considering recent events we are in a very strong position and frankly we have both much to look forward to and much to be greatful for.

Is Boris or our government perfect?
Again, obviously not.
I too am unhappy with certain aspects you know.
But quite honestly, there is at this moment in time not a single potential alternative that would be capable of achieving even what has been done since they were voted into power.

Moaning and derision directed towards our government is not going to change that and given that we are in such a fortunate position, all you're doing is feeding the current trend of division and polarization.
Why not try co-operation and healing instead since that would surely be more beneficial?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 11:27 PM

Didn't everyone used to love cummings when it came to Brexit? What went wrong?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 12:21 AM

How Dominic Cummings started to resemble a crazed cult leader

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...iftigniter-rhr

During his BBC interview with Laura Kuenssberg, Dominic Cummings repeatedly painted the Prime Minister as a fool, yet it was he who was utterly diminished by the interview, looking like a man clinging to a former version of himself

Smirking at his own brilliance throughout his BBC interview, Dominic Cummings clearly thought he was taking a giant step towards ousting the “duffers” he so despises, including the Prime Minister himself.

But if he thought Dominic Cummings: The Interview meant the chance to settle scores with his many enemies, the very opposite proved to be the case as viewers got the chance to stare into his soul.

The more he spoke, the more he resembled a crazed cult leader as he revealed his grandiose plans to overthrow the system.

He and his cabal of former Vote Leave acolytes had plotted to overthrow Boris Johnson “within days” of the thumping general election win, he said, because “we” knew better. It was “ludicrous” that Mr Johnson was in power, he said, and he was “obviously” trying to bring about his downfall, and “the sooner the better, for sure”.

Unable to read the warning signs in Laura Kuenssberg’s increasingly aghast facial expressions, Mr Cummings warmed to his theme, talking about setting up “a new kind of party, a party to end the existing parties, to kill them off and create something different”.

Not since Prince Andrew agreed to be interviewed over his relationship with convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein has self-importance so obliterated self-awareness.

Ms Kuenssberg expertly gave Mr Cummings enough rope with which to hang himself, seeing that the devil-may-care image he cultivated while in No 10 was a front, and here was a man who cared very much: about what the public thinks of him, about getting his revenge, and most of all, about becoming an irrelevance.
"The Interview" was, presumably, a complete waste of time for anyone who watched it ..... so I'm glad I didn't .....
Zaphod
Lincs UK

21-07-2021, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Didn't everyone used to love cummings when it came to Brexit? What went wrong?
Only in the eyes of the media who, as per usual, have to have something polarizing to fixate upon.
Most people really did not and still do not care.

If you're in doubt of my suggestion you might like to consider this: a number of people were questioned for TV just very recently about Keir Starmer.
Quite a few had no idea who he was.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top