Join for free
Grimloaf The Damp
Left of Centre Earth
Grimloaf The Damp is male  Grimloaf The Damp has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2009, 07:49 AM

Incompatibility warning!

It was raining, I was bored so decided to visit the local supermarket for some retail therapy, this was before the credit crunch of corse; some considerable time ago! I scanned the music and DVD section, nothing worth buying, Daniel O'Donnell had not released a new album!

I played my usual game where I break wind in a crowded isle then look accusingly at an innocent bystander, fun but even this did not cheer me up and I was running out of wind. I fancied a beer so checked out the wines and spirit section and there it was the answer to my prayers, rhubarb beer! I like beer, I like rhubarb so I must love rhubarb beer a double delight I thought . I purchased two bottles and skipped home to consume this delightful beverage.

I placed said bottles of rhubarb beer in the fridge until they had attained the manufacturers recommended temperature for consumption. As luck would have it one of my favorite TV programs 'The Ferret Whisperer' was being repeated on one of the Sky channels 'Crap +1', so when the beer was cold enough I settled down to watch the show, with my pet ferret Norman, a bucket of pork scratchings and of course the lovely rhubarb beers.

The anticipation was killing me, using Norman to open the first bottle I downed it in one. Quite pleasant to begin with, then came the rhubarb, at first nice if a bit unusual then the acidic after taste kicked in causing my tong to curl like a rasher of bacon in a pan of hot goose fat and both my eyes to pop out and roll under the sofa! Took me half an hour to find my eye balls and clean the fluff and stale peanuts off of them and I missed my program.

Not to be deterred, after all I had paid good money for this liquid abomination, I gave the second bottle a go. I am not stupid I took precautions this time! I blindfolded myself so my eyes would not pop out again and sprinkled some custard powder in the beer thinking it might help. It didn't!! I fell into a state of restless uncontioustess and came round five years later. Norman had run off with my next door neighbors stoat but the good new was that the episode of 'The Ferret Whisperer' I had missed was just about to start again.

I have however been talking complete rhubarb ever since!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2009, 10:30 AM

Re: Incompatibility warning!

Lovely!
Can't wait for the next thrilling episode ..........
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2009, 01:28 PM

Brilliant, it had me in stitches!

More please!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2009, 01:35 PM

There you go - next time try this lovely creation .....

Banana Beer!

Heaven knows what might drop off if you drank that
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2009, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->

Banana Beer!

Looking forward to Grimloaf penning a few words about that one!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2009, 05:37 PM

Loved it, Grimloaf!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2009, 05:54 PM

Lol nice one!
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2009, 09:11 PM

Great story and so funny
Grimloaf The Damp
Left of Centre Earth
Grimloaf The Damp is male  Grimloaf The Damp has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2009, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->

Banana Beer!

Banana Beer great stuff if you want o go on I bender I suppose. I slipped up there never noticed that one on the shelf!
dinahsmum
SW England

18-11-2009, 09:27 AM

Did it a-peel?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top