Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 05:07 PM

Fake Goods

I have just bought a "fake" handbag of a well known brand from Ebay and everything about it is exactly the same as the original authentic branded bag but just that the top zipper is slightly shorter than it should be.
I couldnt afford the price of the Branded bag and when I saw this one I was very suprised to see how alike they were so thought id give it a go.
Im very happy with the bag for the price I paid for it (which was £7.00) the Branded wouldve cost at least £50 +..

My question is do you or would you buy fake goods like this ? Is it wrong to buy them? If you wouldnt buy why not?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 05:11 PM

Re: Fake Goods

Yes I would buy - not interested in brand names anyway
If its good and suits me and reasonably priced, then its for me
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 05:20 PM

I already do it but I am not going to stop since the man who owns the original company said something nasty about cleaners not being the people he wants to see using his products so I buy the lookie likie hoping he will have an attack of the vapours knowing a cleaner has his perfume on
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 05:51 PM

Too true Bruce. (Monty Python before you ask )I've got a real genuine fake Breitling watch almost indistinguishable from the real thing, and it keeps good time. Got it from a shop in Lanzarote ten years ago.
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 05:53 PM

I've always been wealthy but cannot stand "brand names". The only thing I DO spend quite a lot of money on is my Chanel No.5.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 06:10 PM

Im not sure if I would buy fake goods or not,Is it fair to companies who sell the original brands,and spent time to build up their business,and are the fakes honest,? I cant afford brand names either , but Im not bothered if an item has a name/style or not,I buy because I like an item,not because it has a name. You can often buy brand name goods reduced because they are older models, we have an outlet centre near us which sells a lot of reduced brand name goods
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 06:33 PM

'm not interested in brand names at all, I would not pay the ridiculous prices for some of these items, including perfume, fakes are just as good, sometimes better and all you pay for with the branded items is the name on the tag which makes the rich person whose name it is even richer. What is so wonderful about wearing, carrying etc something that has a famous name on it?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 07:03 PM

Was it advertised as a fake Aysa.

I tried to sell a Louis Vuitton Kashmir and Silk pashmina (a gift ) on Ebay last year and they removed my advertisement saying the goods were fake
I was so cross, it certainly wasn't fake it had a fantastic provenance.

I am not interested in 'designer' goods at all but I do like quality.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I have just bought a "fake" handbag of a well known brand from Ebay and everything about it is exactly the same as the original authentic branded bag but just that the top zipper is slightly shorter than it should be.
I couldnt afford the price of the Branded bag and when I saw this one I was very suprised to see how alike they were so thought id give it a go.
Im very happy with the bag for the price I paid for it (which was £7.00) the Branded wouldve cost at least £50 +..

My question is do you or would you buy fake goods like this ? Is it wrong to buy them? If you wouldnt buy why not?
Yopu are happy with your purchase , whats not to like.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 07:33 PM

I recommend caution when considering fake branded goods.

Here in the UK, for the present you are ok, however go abroad and it is an entirely different matter. As a result you should take good care NOT to take any such fake goods on holiday with you.

In parts of Europe for example the sale of fake designer bags and similar goods is a huge problem. As a result the governments passed new laws that now mean the BUYER is penalised for buying them rather than the seller be penalised.

So, get caught in possession of say a fake Gucci bag in Italy and YOU face up to a 1000 euro fine and will have the bag confiscated.

This has been the case for a few years now I believe.

So, don't be tempted to take this stuff on holiday with you unless you also take a clear receipt of where and when you bought it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top