Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 03:51 PM

First our Hoovers, now it's our Kettles and Hairdryers !

Well, first it was our Light Bulbs, then our Hoovers,

Now all hail to the Alter of Climate Change once again. !!.

It appears that the EU have undertaken studies and are battling to bring in changes to reduce the high energy of usage of our Smartphones, Kettles Toasters and Hairdryers

Hello !!, my kettle toaster and hairdryer are only on at tiny fractions at a time. Surely if they get their way, length of time on a slower outage on kettles, toasters hairdryers is defeating the object.

God help us if and when electric cars come into being on a mass scale. Can you just imagine all those cars charging up overnight.??!!.

Wouldn’t surprise me if unnecessary flights come next ! or maybe our Toilet flushes!! Mind you, they usually have to be flushed more than once over there - compared to our good old one flush here.

I wonder what’s next on the agenda of those un-elected, dictating bureaucrats who once again, make waves to ensure they keep their jobs !!

Don’t forget to get a good supply of candles in because I wouldn’t be surprised if rolling blackouts are next on their bucket list !..

What do you think? Do you agree that the EU should be interfering with our energy output on kettles and hairdryers? or should they keep their flippin noses out of our way of lives?
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 04:14 PM

Re: First our Hoovers, now it's our Kettles and Hairdryers !

Stop the world i wanna get off!!😠
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 04:25 PM

I think if it's anything like our energy saving tumble dryer it will need to be on for twice as long to get things half as dry. Do these people ever use electrical items ? Or clean their own homes ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 04:43 PM

Fed up with the lot of 'em
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 05:45 PM

Hi

Well it is their electricity after all,

We did sell out to them.

EDF is a wholly owned subsidiary of the French Government.

Not content with selling them a large chunk of our ordinary power stations, in 2009 Gordon Brown sold them our Nuclear Power Stations.

In 2010 the French sold all their UK downstream electricity supply network to a Hong Kong Company, for a nice profit.

The canny Chinese business man who bought it all, promptly renamed it UK Power Networks, because it sounded more British.

The money we got for all this was immediately blown on propping up the banks.

nPower, another big UK Supplier is 100% owned by a German Company.

Scottish Power is 100% owned by a Spanish Company.

As I said, it is their electricity, not ours.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Well, first it was our Light Bulbs, then our Hoovers,

Now all hail to the Alter of Climate Change once again. !!.

It appears that the EU have undertaken studies and are battling to bring in changes to reduce the high energy of usage of our Smartphones, Kettles Toasters and Hairdryers

Hello !!, my kettle toaster and hairdryer are only on at tiny fractions at a time. Surely if they get their way, length of time on a slower outage on kettles, toasters hairdryers is defeating the object.

God help us if and when electric cars come into being on a mass scale. Can you just imagine all those cars charging up overnight.??!!.

Wouldn’t surprise me if unnecessary flights come next ! or maybe our Toilet flushes!! Mind you, they usually have to be flushed more than once over there - compared to our good old one flush here.

I wonder what’s next on the agenda of those un-elected, dictating bureaucrats who once again, make waves to ensure they keep their jobs !!

Don’t forget to get a good supply of candles in because I wouldn’t be surprised if rolling blackouts are next on their bucket list !..

What do you think? Do you agree that the EU should be interfering with our energy output on kettles and hairdryers? or should they keep their flippin noses out of our way of lives?
Good for the EU!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 11:23 PM

I don't know how people manage to run dryers .
They eat electricity
I use a washing line .
Ok i have lived in the tropics for decades but in the UK i still use one.
How people in flats without access to a garden manage i dont know.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 11:34 PM

Apparently they have shelved the Toaster change as they are worried it may impact on the referendum as us brits like our toast.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 11:43 PM

They can have my toaster it's rubbish!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 11:47 PM

Another thing that p****s me off about the EU: absolutely pointless diktats that are of no benefit to us or, for that matter, any other nation. As SG pointed out, lower power output results in longer power output and exactly the same amount of power is used for the same outcome. Not only is it pointless, it also indicates a profound lack of knowledge and understanding.

Apart from that, I assume that a couple of forests-worth of paper has been consumed by the pen-pushers in processing it all. I suppose that the only mitigating factor is that our own circus at Westminster has also performed such time and money-wasting exercises of its own volition in the past.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top