Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 03:15 PM

Gutter Press

The Sun has descended to a lower level than I can remember them dropping to previously, with their headline "Queen Backs Brexit".
Anecdotal evidence from an anonymous source several years ago and this is deemed worthy of a front page in the largest type they could find.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35762443
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 03:20 PM

Re: Gutter Press

Go Sun !! seems the Sun and the Daily Mail are the only papers that seem intent in telling it how it is!

Makes a change from the left-wing mouthpiece such as the Guardian and Polly Toynbee.

Fancy Lizzie being an Outer? Go Lizzie !

Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 03:30 PM

Did you read the article?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 03:31 PM

As I just posted elsewhere, saying that she thinks the EU is going in the wrong direction is far from saying she backs Brexit...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 03:36 PM

Hi

The Palace has made a formal complaint about The Sun article.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The Palace has made a formal complaint about The Sun article.
Yes, and rightly so.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Did you read the article?
Yes I did, l'd already read it this morning. My view is whether it was seven years ago or yesterday, makes no difference. Apparently she sent Nick off with a flea in his ear. If it true (and you don't know otherwise) good for her! At least it proves she doesn't have time for those pro-EU politicians who sell the UK down the river to featherbed their own selfish aims.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

09-03-2016, 04:05 PM

Curiously, no complaint was made when the Scottish Referendum was taking place and the Queen was quoted as saying "Think very carefully".
Also Prince William, on the day Call me Dave went to the negotiations was quoted as backing the Remain campaign.

Seems it's all in order when it suits the agenda.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Yes I did, l'd already read it this morning. My view is whether it was seven years ago or yesterday, makes no difference. Apparently she sent Nick off with a flea in his ear. If it true (and you don't know otherwise) good for her! At least it proves she doesn't have time for those pro-EU politicians who sell the UK down the river to featherbed their own selfish aims.
Hi

I am firmly of the opinion that both sides are lying to us.

As for people feathering their own nests, that is also true of both sides, not just the Remain campaign.

The Out Campaign has some very right wing MP's and Financial Backers.

My own MP is one of them.

Out to them means abolishing the Minimum Wage, cutting costs to be "competitive", cutting inheritance tax and Duncan Smith wants the Unemployed and Under 25s not to have the Vote.

There is self interest on both sides of the argument, it is not all one way.

If these idiots do get in power when Cameron goes, there will be a backlash and we might have Corbyn.

Now that would be a total disaster.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

09-03-2016, 04:18 PM

SF - I am under no illusion with regard to politicians in both camps, believe me! but during this crucial time we have to make a choice and that choice involves the backing of politicians who no doubt have their own vested interests but share our belief in regaining our sovereignty.

Yet another case of "Dance with the Devil".

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top