Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 02:05 PM

Tories and Labour.

As most of you know I seldom post in this Section, for very good reason. Also I'm not really into Politics, BUT, for a long time now I've been reading all the, some bashing, some nit picking, some pure nasty posts about the two sides. I'll probably get chewed for this, BUT, I really want to know.......An awful lot of people used to vote Labour, myself included until Tony Blair and his New Labour came along, the party changed then and didn't seem like Labour at all and they lost a lot of support. Now Jeremy Corbyn seems to be very like the old Labour that used to be so popular. So why all the fuss and from some Ex Labour supporters?

Now don't have a go, I'm only asking a question that's been puzzling me for a while now.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 02:07 PM

Re: Tories and Labour.

I don't understand that myself, this labour that Corbyn is leading is my old party I loved so much years ago.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 02:15 PM

Puzzles me as well.
I can only put it down to ignorance to be honest.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 02:16 PM

I agree with the previous two posts and I too find some of the comments particularly nasty and insulting on some threads. No matter how much I disagree with someone's political views, I would NEVER resort to the insults I read on posts here. Such immature, poisonous vitriol does nothing for the poster, apart from portaying them as beneath contempt.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 02:19 PM

I have to admit I've lost my respect for some
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 08:47 PM

Simple.

BLiar was dangerous.

Compo is a joke.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 08:58 PM

Roxy

The problem on thread such as these is it can bring out very strong views on either side. Either side believe their view is correct and can be like a religion.

Personally I would like to see the political thread removed all together it is too toxic .

I was always told never get involved with either , but with politics shoved down our throats on TV radio and every other medium it is hard to avoid or not take sides
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Roxy

The problem on thread such as these is it can bring out very strong views on either side. Either side believe their view is correct and can be like a religion.

Personally I would like to see the political thread removed all together it is too toxic .

I was always told never get involved with either , but with politics shoved down our throats on TV radio and every other medium it is hard to avoid or not take sides
I disagree. Politics is a subject worthy of discussion.

Such a discussion would only get out of hand if we allowed it to.

If a discussion becomes too heated for you, my suggestion would be to simply bow out.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 09:34 PM

It isn't "heated" when posters use derogatory titles for politicians such as "BLiar" "Compo", " Jezbollah" etc. That all seems to come from one faction.

Perhaps I should start referring to May as "The Hunchback of Downing Street" in order to debate???
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 09:41 PM

Hi

I am not a natural Conservative voter.

I learnt my Politics from Harold Wilson.

I simply cannot vote for Corbyn and those behind him.

Just my personal view.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top