Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 09:44 PM

Re: Tories and Labour.

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
It isn't "heated" when posters use derogatory titles for politicians such as "BLiar" "Compo", " Jezbollah" etc. That all seems to come from one faction.

Perhaps I should start referring to May as "The Hunchback of Downing Street" in order to debate???
Well feel free to do so. I assure you, I won't be offended.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well feel free to do so. I assure you, I won't be offended.
Of course not.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 09:59 PM

It adds nothing to a discussion/debate if one starts throwing around derogatory nicknames whether others are offended or not. It just stifles debate if people just "bow out".

I'm off, time for HIGNFY.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Now Jeremy Corbyn seems to be very like the old Labour that used to be so popular. So why all the fuss and from some Ex Labour supporters?
Essentially you've been duped Roxy but that's understandable as half the electorate has equally been duped.

Ask the young voters and he truth is they have no idea at all who Corbyn is or what his history is.

Most decent and honest people, when asked:

"Would you like your prime minister to be a terrorist supporting individual ?"

Who emphatically say "Absolutely not !!!"

But this is what we have.

Corbyn supported the IRA throughout the 70s/80s when British soldiers were being killed/murdered

Corbyn counts Hamas and Hezbollah as friends

Corbyn has affiliations with all manner of shady people

There's a host of other despicable things associated with this man and how he operates, but the above terrorist sympathies and the most dangerous and should create huge red flashing lights to any sane and rational mind.

To my knowledge, I don't think Looney Labour have been in this situation before. I mean we remember Scargill and the miners strikes etc, but when you start talking about an IRA supporting individual as someone who could end up running Britain, then we are in VERY dangerous territory indeed.

This is why so many voted for the Tories.

Corbyn is simply emphatically unelectable.

Labour will never win an election with him at the helm or imo in any leading position within the party.

That "Jezbollah" Corbyn is able to make people like yourself think that he is all about old Labour values is intensely worrying. The man is a con man, he is ruthlessly duplicitous as was seen during the election.

He will literally say anything at all if he thinks he can make people vote for him. Doesn't matter if his promises are unachievable, doesn't matter if they aren't costed, doesn't matter if they are untrue, he will say anything for votes.

People need to wake up and see him for what he is imo.

This is not a man who likes Britain. This is not a patriot.
He refuses to sing the National Anthem. If you want Britain completely sold down the river, overrun with foreign religions, then he's your man.

Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 02:17 PM

Oh Dear...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 02:41 PM

I have no problem with anyone taking the p*** out of politicians, they have been taking the p*** out of us for years.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have no problem with anyone taking the p*** out of politicians, they have been taking the p*** out of us for years.
Certainly, I shall continue to criticise politicians, either in humour or more seriously, as many of them leave themselves open to criticism.

It's called 'freedom of speech' which (at least for the present) is not illegal provided it cannot be proven to be slanderous or libellous.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
It isn't "heated" when posters use derogatory titles for politicians such as "BLiar" "Compo", " Jezbollah" etc. That all seems to come from one faction.

Perhaps I should start referring to May as "The Hunchback of Downing Street" in order to debate???
Funny you should say that ... I've noticed she has terrible posture. I want to thump her between her shoulder blades to straighten her up and tell her to stop shuffling along.

On the other hand ... Corbyn often looks like Worzel Gummidge with a haircut decked out in casual slacks and a blazer. I keep expecting to see straw poking out of his shirt collar.

But .. seriously. I've always been more interested in policies rather than politicians.
Why ever anyone can believe what comes out of any of their mouths is often what mystifies me.
Blair wasn't hated because he was Labour.
Boris isn't laughed at because he's a Tory.
It's because they're presumably the best we have to lead us ..boldly, bravely , astutely , ...
Anyone having hysterics yet?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 04:47 PM

I've only ever used the Bliar name because no matter what side he was on I have never found anyone actually believed he told the truth but if it's too offensive I will stop.

The other names some use are ridiculously offensive IMO and they should be stopped as it stops the proper discussion of anything if we are having to respond to being name called all the time. I've always felt politicians on all sides want the same thing they just disagree on how to achieve it.

If I truly thought tories were evil I'd have divorced years ago as my husband is right of gengis Khan on his politics but a more loving, kind person you won't find anywhere.

We just disagree how to make things right in the world.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 05:05 PM

UJ that was not funny. If it wasn't meant to be funny it was sick.
Hang you head in shame.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top