Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 07:44 AM

The world becomes sillier by the day !

Now the PC brigade want to alter the bible/church services. Surely there are more important issues in the world to be addressed?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...rack-gendered/
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 07:52 AM

Re: The world becomes sillier by the day !

It's an insidious drip drip drip - George Orwell was prophetic.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 08:58 AM

I am afraid that is the way everything is going
Christians have always assumed that God is male and trying to change that will cause problems for those who believe.
Will they change the words of the Lords Prayer from "Our Father" to "Our Parent"?
Will they have every bible reprinted?
Will they change the words of many hymns?

What I would like to know is who suggested this and what religion are they, because it seems that they are trying to destroy Christian beliefs?

I don't believe in any god but I would never try to change what others believe!
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 02:06 PM

It strikes me that those who invented Christianity, in their hidebound patriarchal way, made some pretty glaring elementary mistakes that some more enlightened folk are now trying to put right. It doesn't require that big a leap of imagination to realise God, if such a thing exists, has to have all and no genders.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 02:36 PM

Well it won't make any difference to me, as far as I'm concerned Religion is something that was invented by man to control the masses....and still is. I was made to go to Church then Sunday School every Sunday by my mother. I always questioned everything looking for proof, I never got an answer but I did get into a lot of trouble about my constant questions. I don't believe in Mythical Beings, BUT, somebody shows me proof and I will believe, but until then I believe in what I can See, Feel, and Touch..
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 04:15 PM

Well said Roxy. I too had the same upbringing being raised by a religious grandmother. I too questioned everything and believed nothing. My children were given the option of going to Sunday School, went two or three times but really were not interested. Now, all the family are non-believers. No christenings, weddings nor funerals in church.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 04:32 PM

No he or she?

Gender neutral?

So there'll be no need to take one of Adam's ribs (Gender neutral person 1) .. to make Eve (Gender neutral person 2).

I'm no fan of any religion but for those who it is important to I can understand their annoyance.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 04:39 PM

There will be no Adam and Eve, only gender-neutral names such as Francis/Frances will be allowed. Although the gender distinctions will have to be removed from them (Francys?)...
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 04:41 PM

A virgin birth gains new meaning.
I always did suspect Jo(sephine) was the real progenitor.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 05:07 PM

We refer to God as a man because he created mankind, I don't know why that's offensive as a woman I have always felt part if mankind. Woman and man live together as equals as partners, nothing offensive about that either.

Now we are recognising other sexes, I've always thought sexuality was on a sliding scale with extremely heterosexual at one end and gay at the other with everyone else on a scale between them, so it's no surprise to me our minds and bodies might be on a similar sliding scale.

I can't imagine why anyone feels it's offensive to use the language we already have and perhaps add to it, ladies and gentlemen and other sexes etc, I'm sure that would be less offensive to those of us like being called ladies and men.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top