Join for free
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2019, 08:33 PM

Re: US trade deal

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
The usual inane answer I see. Why should I have voted leave?

You certainly both fit and reinforce the demographics on leave voters
You didn't know what you were voting for anyway, you won't tell me what the future of the EU will be like in 5 years.

Or can you ?

Go on, let's hear it - let's hear what you voted for
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I won't eat it my family and I are all vegetarians who don't eat bagged salad. You seem to be under some misapprehension most super markets these days tell you what farm things are from. Not just county of origin but which cow or chicken it was.
Let's leave these food matters to boris. He seems to be an expert. First the kippers, now the melton mowbray pork. Notably protected by the EU.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ils-truth-test
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Let's leave these food matters to boris. He seems to be an expert. First the kippers, now the melton mowbray pork. Notably protected by the EU.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ils-truth-test
Enjoy that USA beef coming your way !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 02:32 PM

Hi

Trump can say what he wants, a trade Deal is not his to give.

It has to be passed by Congress, which has already said they will veto it.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

He will scream and scream until he is sick if they do!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

26-08-2019, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The Senate already have a republican majority - the HoR under "Nutty Nancy" will lose votes hand over fist for vetoing a trade deal.

It would be a dream come true for Trumps 2020 election.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
He will scream and scream until he is sick if they do!
The relationship between U.S. President Donald Trump and House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi has reached a nadir amid negotiations over the congressional ratification of the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement, adding further drama to the trade pact’s already uncertain prospects.

At a White House press conference Thursday, the President claimed the Speaker did not comprehend USMCA and referred to her as “crazy Nancy.”

“I don’t think Nancy Pelosi understands the deal. It’s too complicated,” Mr. Trump said. “She’s a mess. Look. Let’s face it, she doesn’t understand it.”

At one point in the news conference, the President referred to himself as an “extremely stable genius.”

Ms. Pelosi replied on Twitter. “When the ‘extremely stable genius’ starts acting more presidential, I’ll be happy to work with him on infrastructure, trade and other issues,” she said.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/worl...-ratification/
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Enjoy that USA beef coming your way !
They probably will as it’s not hormone fed
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

26-08-2019, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
They probably will as it’s not hormone fed
Great news !

We should have it here after Brexit yes ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Bread you have to feel a bit sorry for some remain voters , they have an obsession with chlorinated chicken and clearly feel obliged to buy anything that comes into the country regardless of the standard. They seem unable to say no.

I already say no to a lot of the tasteless rubbish that comes in from the EU like the dreadful tomatoes that come from Holland and I will continue to buy British produce following the seasons when they are at their best.
I have said exactly the same to people before now.

I'd be very happy to agree trade arrangements with America and, for that matter, any other country - including the EU!

What the remoaners fail to realise is that a trade agreement does not oblige us as individuals to buy products that we do not want!

I'd also question their aversion to chlorination of chicken. I can only assume that they are unaware of the fact that the water they take from their taps (or faucets!) contains chlorine!

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top