Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 11:40 AM

Whatever next – do we really care?

Yet more on the gender / PC front, it never seems to end! Nothing like making life even more complicated than it already is. Does anyone really care about all this, other than those who seem to be continually trying to make the rest of us take all this on board?

"Should your email say if you're he, she or they?"

Am I really interested anyway? All I want is to deal with a person who is able to answer my query, complaint or whatever it is I have e-contacted the organisation about!

One paragraph in this news item does I reckon show where all this is coming from though:

"Employers, competing to recruit staff amid historically low unemployment rates, are also shifting to accommodate a younger generation of workers, who report increasingly fluid views of sexuality and gender."

What is the world going to be like in say, 20 years' time with all this gender / PC business? Personally, I dread to think how it will be.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51331571

Do any of you have any comments on this?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 01:10 PM

Re: Whatever next – do we really care?

the only comment I have is that it all gets on my nerves, I am sick to death of hearing the words gender, gay, lesbian, trans, bisexual etc.
To me it will always be, man & woman no matter how they try to push this nonsense down my throat. I see it as a form of brainwashing and conforming.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 01:12 PM

My email signature has ...

"My pronouns are man, bloke dude".
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

and you put the ram in the ramalamadingdong didn't you
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 01:33 PM

Hi

I have severe PTSD.

Absolutely sod all to do with my injuries, just what I have seen happen to others.

I have severe physical injuries as well which I have coped with and are comfortable with

The NHS is a nightmare, they do not read the notes.

They have a standard questionnaire which annoys me intensely.

It is a complete waste of time, they never read the notes.

How do you identify yourself?

LGTB, Non Specific Gender?

I identify myself as Bisexual.

I then point out that that means that getting two women in my bed at the same time has always been a problem.

Are you or have you have ever been suicidal?

Nope, you know the phrase a drowning man clutches at straws?

Not going to happen with me.

My hands will be firmly round the throat of the person who threw me in

I have been declared dead 3 times.

I am still here.

I will come back to haunt you.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Yet more on the gender / PC front, it never seems to end! Nothing like making life even more complicated than it already is. Does anyone really care about all this, other than those who seem to be continually trying to make the rest of us take all this on board?

"Should your email say if you're he, she or they?"

Am I really interested anyway? All I want is to deal with a person who is able to answer my query, complaint or whatever it is I have e-contacted the organisation about!

One paragraph in this news item does I reckon show where all this is coming from though:

"Employers, competing to recruit staff amid historically low unemployment rates, are also shifting to accommodate a younger generation of workers, who report increasingly fluid views of sexuality and gender."

What is the world going to be like in say, 20 years' time with all this gender / PC business? Personally, I dread to think how it will be.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51331571

Do any of you have any comments on this?

Whatever happened to good old "To whom it may concern, Dear Sir or Madam?"

The world is going to pot!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
To me it will always be, man & woman no matter how they try to push this nonsense down my throat.
Or male and female. There are only a few species in nature that are truly hermaphrodite.

Originally Posted by Bread ->

Good one Bread

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Whatever happened to good old "To whom it may concern, Dear Sir or Madam?"

The world is going to pot!
Very definitely in many US states where it has been legalised.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 04:50 PM

"The world is going to pot"

Very definitely in many US states where it has been legalised.
Hahaha! Oh, great, now we have to get on that issue too .

When referring to a person of unknown gender in writing, standard English has always called for the use of "he" and "him." I would be a terribly insecure female to be upset if male pronouns were used in my direction in such an instance.

Now that we are on the subject, I want every noun in Spanish and French that have lexical gender endings to change them too. I am officially offended .

Higher-order thinking requires moving beyond the literal.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 06:20 PM

My hope is that a generation of the future will turn all this crap about face, back to what it should be. Whether that will happen or not, I have no idea.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 06:27 PM

If one can get pregnant unless something unfortunate then female. If one has a sticky out thing that gets hard then it is male.

SIMPLES

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top