Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 07:42 AM

More Brexit Doom and Gloom

Well, not quite

Renault in talks to move production of 2 of their models from Spain to Nissan in Sunderland

https://www.ft.com/content/8e2aaf0a-...2-dbd09587277c

or here

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/3...nderland-plant
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 10:05 AM

Re: More Brexit Doom and Gloom

I can understand the logic behind the move because the Sunderland plant is not only more modern but also the output will be higher and more precise due to the plant and its work crew AND union run Labour are not in power :thumbup:
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 10:06 AM

Great news Bread.....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 10:32 AM

Looks like the doom and gloom is on the EU side of the
channel Bread?
Meanwhile we ar looking forward to a no deal soon!!

Donkeyman! 😂😂😂
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Looks like the doom and gloom is on the EU side of the
channel Bread?
Meanwhile we ar looking forward to a no deal soon!!

Donkeyman! 😂😂😂
The doom and gloom always has been on the EU side, DM. It's our media and parliamentary EU head bangers that have given the impression that its the other way around.

Have a google around about the trade deal we are talking to Japan about - its way more inclusive than anything they have with the EU.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

15-05-2020, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I can understand the logic behind the move because the Sunderland plant is not only more modern but also the output will be higher and more precise due to the plant and its work crew AND union run Labour are not in power :thumbup:
Exactly LD !

We produce more cars out the Nissan plant than the whole of Italy does a year - UK productivity is enormously efficient. This is a smart move by Renault.

I really wish people would get behind Brexit, the EU is a zombie project, its serves no purpose than to serve and empower it's elite. They are hamstrung by huge divisions in their member states and can't even get their budget together. There is much, much more to this than the EU, there is a whole world of over 130 countries all trading on WTO terms and individual trade arrangements.

Mark my words, LD, Barnier is not delivering at all and soon, the elected leaders of the 27 will start bypassing him and coming direct to the UK negotiating table themselves. They do not want Barnier and his incompetent career politicians playing roulette with their economies thats for sure.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by longdriver ->
i can understand the logic behind the move because the sunderland plant is not only more modern but also the output will be higher and more precise due to the plant and its work crew and union run labour are not in power :thumbup:
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by bread ->
exactly ld !

We produce more cars out the nissan plant than the whole of italy does a year - uk productivity is enormously efficient. This is a smart move by renault.

I really wish people would get behind brexit, the eu is a zombie project, its serves no purpose than to serve and empower it's elite. They are hamstrung by huge divisions in their member states and can't even get their budget together. There is much, much more to this than the eu, there is a whole world of over 130 countries all trading on wto terms and individual trade arrangements.

Mark my words, ld, barnier is not delivering at all and soon, the elected leaders of the 27 will start bypassing him and coming direct to the uk negotiating table themselves. They do not want barnier and his incompetent career politicians playing roulette with their economies thats for sure.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We produce more cars out the Nissan plant than the whole of Italy does a year - UK productivity is enormously efficient. This is a smart move by Renault.

I really wish people would get behind Brexit, the EU is a zombie project, its serves no purpose than to serve and empower it's elite. They are hamstrung by huge divisions in their member states and can't even get their budget together. There is much, much more to this than the EU, there is a whole world of over 130 countries all trading on WTO terms and individual trade arrangements.

Mark my words, LD, Barnier is not delivering at all and soon, the elected leaders of the 27 will start bypassing him and coming direct to the UK negotiating table themselves. They do not want Barnier and his incompetent career politicians playing roulette with their economies thats for sure.
Excellent news. I had no idea about our one plant producing more cars than Italy. If that is the case, why are we not encouraging the re-establishment of our own motor industry? We have produced excellent cars in the past (along with some real rubbish, of course), so why not again?

As I've said before, Germany can compete with the far east when it comes to car production. I'm sure we could as well.

It is true about the unions, and everyone must now be aware that they are nothing but a millstone around our necks now. For some reason, apparently associated with Covid, they are attempting to rise up again. Maggie put them down and the country improved. Boris must do the same now.

As for Brexit, yes things are looking our way now. I believe June could be the turning point. No acceptable deal from Barmy and we should call it quits once and for all.

The EU is sinking, as many of us predicted it would, and we are on the up.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Exactly LD !

Hi

It would be good news if it was true.

https://countryeconomy.com/business/...oduction/italy

Barnier by the way does not make the Rules, he is mere ly following EU Directions.

I cannit see the EU countries negotiating one by one, that would mean they would have to Leave.

I can see the EU changing track, especially over Fisheries.

The vast majority of EU Countries have no interest in Fisheries at all.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top