Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 01:13 PM

We Are Being Taken For Right Mugs!

About Flippin’ Time!

I have just been reading how, and I don’t know how else to put it, our Nigel has once again,n had to bring to the notice of our stupid Government of just how the French are laughing their socks off at us over the ‘’Shared cooperation in dealing with stopping the boat people coming across to the UK in flimsy boats.

He has had to shame them into taking their fingers out of their ears, stop sitting on their hands and deal with the fact that once again, playing the honest and honourable way the British normally do by putting their trust in the French to act accordingly and do the right thing, simply just does not work!
The French cannot be trusted - ever! That is the sad state of affairs where this is concerned.

Priti Patel is said to be furious at what has been happening in the Channel (and so she should be!) and at last has announced she is looking into the ridiculous loophole where the French Navy state that they have no legal right to stop the boats, and can do nothing other than shadow the boat loads of migrants in the event that they may have to rescue them.
They set off from the quayside in Calais and ’can only ask them ‘’if they require assistance?'' Of course, the
boatloads say ‘’No thank you,’’ but the moment they reach the British part of the Channel, they suddenly decide they DO require assistance, the French are off the hook and it’s our ruddy Border Force boats that pick them up like a taxi service and ferry them ashore to a new life.

This is happening every day, despite our gullible Government handing over £60million in Norther France to stop exactly this happening. The French are walking all over us.

Anyhow, now Priti Patel has been exposed as wanting and it must have suddenly occurred to her that we are indeed being treated like fools and walked over by the French, and the fact that our own Border Force is forever being far too complicit in doing the job they are paid to do - protecting our borders -,She has at last announced that she is now planning to close this loophole and put a stop to it.

Nigel has warned that over the summer, the Kent coastline is ‘’facing an invasion’’ unless swift action is taken. It was also said that dozens of MPs have written to the Government, demanding action be taken over this disgraceful farce.

I wait with bated breath! Once again, it is down to Nigel having his eye on the ball. Grrr!

What do you think?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 01:18 PM

Re: We Are Being Taken For Right Mugs!

Good for Nigel. He'll always keep his irons in the fire ready to strike.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 01:30 PM

Thank God he does Percy. Just as he put Cameron in a corner, now it is Priti's turn. I don't normally have criticism where she is concerning her dealing with Immigration, but she really has fallen down on this chapter. The border force are supposed to protect our borders and stop illegal immigrants, not assist them to come ashore!!
Who knows if many IS supporters are amongst them? and yet there they are, our own border force helping them disembark.

Double Grrrr!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
About Flippin’ Time!

What do you think?
I think you should have voted for nigel when you had the chance. Instead you fell for boris, again.
It's not only the french taking you for mugs, boris did the same. And before him may, cummings, davis, cameron, brown, blair etc.
How come? Because you never learn! So everyone can do it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 01:37 PM

Hi

Bollox.

Pritti Patel knows full well that we can send eveyone we catch crossing the Channel back to France or Belgium immediately.

She chooses not to.

That is the Lisbon Agreement.

She also also knows Full Well that when we leave at the end of the year we will no longer be able to send them back and they will be solely our problem.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 01:40 PM

Migrants are taking advantage of the calm waters and warm weather and the fact that the channel has very little traffic compared to before the COVID lockdown crisis. It's a last "hurrah" for them before the UK leaves the bindings of the withdrawal agreement.

The UK should send in the fireboats into Calais for this like we did before.

Good old Nigel - he is a master of bringing these issues out into the open.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

27-05-2020, 01:59 PM

Apparently, Priti Patel is going to discuss the plan to allow our Border Force to turn the boats back while they are still in French waters and accompany them back to French shores.

Edited...

I wonder whether the French will agree to this seeing as we are paying them megabucks for their cooperation?
To be perfectly honest, the French Navy convenient excuse that they dare not use force to stop them because the boat people threaten to throw themselves into the sea if they do,doesn't wash with me. I may well be accused of being cruel for even suggesting it, but my view is, Let them! I don't know how the French feel about it, but my feelings are that until we stop this, more and more will come. We need to show that every action these boat people take, is at their own risk and any choices they make is of their own choosing. If they wish to drown instead of being taken back to shore in France, that is their choice. So be it.
Until we start acting how we should with the Traffickers, nothing will improve. I certainly won't depend on the French being helpful in stopping what is going on.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Migrants are taking advantage of the calm waters and warm weather and the fact that the channel has very little traffic compared to before the COVID lockdown crisis. It's a last "hurrah" for them before the UK leaves the bindings of the withdrawal agreement.

The UK should send in the fireboats into Calais for this like we did before.

Good old Nigel - he is a master of bringing these issues out into the open.
Hi

What Century are you living in?

We are part of NATO.

Sending the fireboats in would be an act of war.j
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Bollox.

Pritti Patel knows full well that we can send eveyone we catch crossing the Channel back to France or Belgium immediately.

She chooses not to.

That is the Lisbon Agreement.

She also also knows Full Well that when we leave at the end of the year we will no longer be able to send them back and they will be solely our problem.
An addition: based on the dublin (not lisbon) regulation the UK can return any illegal immigrant to the country of entry. If they are prepared to tell whether they entered in greece, cypres, italy, spain then you can fly them there.
As you know UK and france (not belgium) have an agreement for france to accept those you return (for a small fee).

At the end of this year you can simply fly illegal immigrants back to their country of origin.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

27-05-2020, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Apparently, Priti Patel is going to discuss the plan to allow our Border Force to turn the boats back while they are still in French waters and accompany them back to French shores.

Edited...

I wonder whether the French will agree to this seeing as we are paying them megabucks for their cooperation?
To be perfectly honest, the French Navy convenient excuse that they dare not use force to stop them because the boat people threaten to throw themselves into the sea if they do,doesn't wash with me. I may well be accused of being cruel for even suggesting it, but my view is, Let them! I don't know how the French feel about it, but my feelings are that until we stop this, more and more will come. We need to show that every action these boat people take, is at their own risk and any choices they make is of their own choosing. If they wish to drown instead of being taken back to shore in France, that is their choice. So be it.
Until we start acting how we should with the Traffickers, nothing will improve. I certainly won't depend on the French being helpful in stopping what is going on.
Hi
The Agreement we have with the French is to have our Border Posts in France.

Any which slip through are ours when they reach UK Waters.

We are in transition until the end of this year.

Because we are in transition we can send them back immediately from UK Waters or if they land.

As from 11pm on 31st December 2020 the Lisbon Treaty no longer applies and they are our problem.

The French will still be charging us but will have absolutely no obligation to take them back.
It is our decision not to.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top