Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 04:50 PM

Sir Keir Starmer: PM is pretending there isn’t a problem with testing

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/new...-with-testing/

During PMQs, Sir Keir questioned why the Prime Minister said on Tuesday the Test and Trace system has “very little or nothing” to do with the spread or the transmission of Covid-19, after previously hailing it as a game-changer. The Labour leader added: “Both positions cannot be right – which one is it, Prime Minister?”

Responding, Mr Johnson said: “It is an obvious fact of biology and epidemiology that alas this disease is transmitted by human contact or aerosol contact. But it is one of the great advantages of NHS Test and Trace, which we did not have working earlier in the pandemic, that we now have the ability to see in granular detail where the epidemic is breaking out, exactly which groups are being infected. That’s why we’ve been able to deliver the local lockdowns and that’s why we’re able to tell at this stage that it is necessary to take the decisive action we are … to drive the virus down, keep kids in school and keep our economy moving.”

Sir Keir replied: “Pretending there isn’t a problem is part of the problem, Prime Minister. Is the explanation from the PM that we haven’t got enough capacity because nobody could have expected the rise in demand? That’s the Dido Harding defence – or is it we’ve got all the capacity we need, it is just that people are being unreasonable in asking for tests? That’s the (Matt) Hancock defence. So which is it?”

Mr Johnson replied: “I must say that the continual attacks by the Opposition on Dido Harding in particular are unseemly and unjustified.”

"Unseemly" ..... ..... as in "indecorous" .....

Does BJ mean that "Incompetent" Harding should be exempt from criticism because she is a woman .....

The woman is Head of NHS Test and Trace and Chair of NHS Improvement - her sex is not relevant to her responsibility. She's in charge and she's responsible for the shambles of T, T & T, so it's about time that her credibility was publicly questioned .....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 08:34 PM

Re: Sir Keir Starmer: PM is pretending there isn’t a problem with testing

He's just full of bluff and bluster, one day he'll answer a question and Sir Keir will be speechless!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 09:55 PM

Keir is having a high old time at the moment ,what with the covid ,Boris is getting a lot of stick ,sad to say .
However, when this finally gets sorted as it will [even though it may well be a whole lot longer than we would want]
Boris will wipe the floor with Keir ,mark my words .
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 09:57 PM

Keir Starmer was all over Corbyn before, now he is blaming him for everything.

I would never, ever vote Labour again.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
Keir Starmer was all over Corbyn before, now he is blaming him for everything.

I would never, ever vote Labour again.

I for one, am sick of seeing Starmer doing absolutely nothing except continually mouthing off his opponents.
He has become an increasingly boring man IMO.

Didn't he say only a few days ago that he was going to 'pull together' with Boris to help sort this mess out?
Well that was big fat lie by the looks of it.

I wish people like him would get on with some work instead of picking through every word, every minute of every day like a sulky schoolboy.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 11:26 PM

Wait and see.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I for one, am sick of seeing Starmer doing absolutely nothing except continually mouthing off his opponents.
He has become an increasingly boring man IMO.

Didn't he say only a few days ago that he was going to 'pull together' with Boris to help sort this mess out?
Well that was big fat lie by the looks of it.

I wish people like him would get on with some work instead of picking through every word, every minute of every day like a sulky schoolboy.
I agree, Mups, but I realise that, as a Lawyer, he will have no interest in the impact on the public, he will only be interested in making sure that every step, however minor, is followed correctly.

Speaks volumes for what he would be like as a PM.

I think that all good leaders have a built in ability to go "off the rules" if that becomes necessary.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 10:57 AM

The opposition are there to pick out failures etc. by the Government and question them. That's why they're called "Opposition".
Keir Starmer has offered to work together with them but they ignore him.
He can't help them sort things out if they don't see anything wrong in what their doing and refuse to take any other views into account.
Boris can't even reply properly to questions, he just waffles and ends up bringing up either irrelevant stuff that the Government are doing or slagging off Labour who have no power to do anything.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 11:03 AM

What l have noticed as l did on Sky news yesterday. Is that Keir Starmer is very good at making criticisms but dodges or won’t answer the original question put to him.
He goes off on a different tangent to avoid answering the question that has put him on the spot.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2020, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
What l have noticed as l did on Sky news yesterday. Is that Keir Starmer is very good at making criticisms but dodges or won’t answer the original question put to him.
He goes off on a different tangent to avoid answering the question that has put him on the spot.
BJ is the expert at that ..... and also making promises including "world-beating" and "moonshot" ......

BJ's latest "deflection" was to complain that continued criticism of the under-fire testing chief Dido "Incompetent" Harding was "unseemly and unjustified" despite widespread shortages of tests ..... poor Dido .....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top