Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 11:58 PM

Re: Dominic Cummings' £30k unpaid council tax bill 'written off'

Dominic Cummings to be ‘forced’ to pay backdated council tax

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...d-council-tax/

Durham County Council boss Simon Henig has asked senior officers to find a way to force Dominic Cummings to pay tens of thousands of pounds of backdated council tax. Councillor Simon Henig told the paper: “It seems that anyone working for the Prime Minister is exempt from the rules that apply to the rest of us. “I have asked that all options to appeal this decision be considered.”
Good .....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 10:39 AM

If the council was not billing him, why would he pay?

So, what was stopping the Council from billing him?

Without the facts, who are we to judge?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
If the council was not billing him, why would he pay?

So, what was stopping the Council from billing him?

Without the facts, who are we to judge?
It seems that Cummings built properties illegally and didn't declare their existence to the local council.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...50000-19101288

Following complaints from members of the public, Durham County Council bosses carried out an inspection of two homes built at North Lodge that confirmed they had been built without planning permission in 2002 - “historic breaches of planning and building control regulations” were recorded.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
It seems that Cummings built properties illegally and didn't declare their existence to the local council.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...50000-19101288

Very interesting that the lefties are not giving us the benefit, of a photo of these properties, or of any details of involvement by Council, etc.

A fake news story, if ever we've seen one!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

22-10-2020, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Very interesting that the lefties are not giving us the benefit, of a photo of these properties, or of any details of involvement by Council, etc.

A fake news story, if ever we've seen one!
https://universalcreditsuffer.com/20...o-council-tax/

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 12:13 PM

There are literally thousands of off-the-map buildings across the country. I know of six within ten miles of where we live.

Why the obsession with DC? The man is literally one of many. If a concentrated attack was launched against doss-shacks being rented at sky high rents to immigrants of all sorts especially but not in any way exclusively in West London then that would be very much better use of scarce resources.

This constant witch hunt against a man who is playing a very important role in our country is disgusting and actually quite pathetic.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 08:21 PM

I'm more annoyed about the planning permission. I've known people who have been forced to knock down buildings, but of course after ten years it's too late to pursue. I don't see why some should get away with avoiding planning rules. They are there for a reason.

The council tax is the fault of the local authority. I hope that they are being billed accordingly now.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'm more annoyed about the planning permission. I've known people who have been forced to knock down buildings, but of course after ten years it's too late to pursue. I don't see why some should get away with avoiding planning rules. They are there for a reason.

The council tax is the fault of the local authority. I hope that they are being billed accordingly now.
As for rules I concur with the quote from someone fairly famous (can't remember who!) that "rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools".

To that I add that rules are nothing more than obstacles to be navigated around.

Those sentiments have served me and my family VERY well and still do.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
As for rules I concur with the quote from someone fairly famous (can't remember who!) that "rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools".

To that I add that rules are nothing more than obstacles to be navigated around.

Those sentiments have served me and my family VERY well and still do.
People who bend planning rules can put the lives of others in danger.

Given what you've said I take it you are pro beds in sheds?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

22-10-2020, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
People who bend planning rules can put the lives of others in danger.

Given what you've said I take it you are pro beds in sheds?
Not greatly bothered about beds in sheds - just as long as no POS sleeps in them.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top