Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 10:57 AM

We have been run over.

Hi

Yes we have left, but not on equal terms.

Boris is not as clever as he says.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 11:03 AM

Re: We have been run over.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes we have left, but not on equal terms.

Boris is not as clever as he says.
Exactly Swimmy

Like have said previously I would wait and see what happens but even with my level of optimism I can only support him so far.

So.... come May my cross will go in the box for the Reform Party.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Exactly Swimmy

Like have said previously I would wait and see what happens but even with my level of optimism I can only support him so far.

ME TOO!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔

What May is that??
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
ME TOO!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔

What May is that??
local elections
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Exactly Swimmy

I suspect that Boris became so hemmed in, by other MPs & the EU, that the only possible way of proceding became by way of a two (or more) stage plan.

1) Get Out of the EU.

2) When out, back fix the terms & conditions.

We all may think that stage 1 is complete, but the EU is still fighting that war underground!

It should all improve over the next 6 months, or so.

That's assuming that the plague will be on the back burner by then.

Our lovely MPs are still playing very public games around schools, vaccinations, taxation, etc., as those are what, they think, will get them re-elected.

Oh! and many of them still want to be in the EU!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 12:33 PM

It amazes me that anyone would have thought that all would be all champagne and roses the moment we left, it is something we will all have to work towards and will take time. Leaving was just the first step on a long journey, undoing forty years of lies, duplicity and deep rooted vested interests and corruption was never going to take five minutes, so keep the faith I say, keep the faith and the rewards will be great in time. I don't believe that any other party can pull this off and voting for any other party will only dilute the power required to succeed.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

12-02-2021, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I suspect that Boris became so hemmed in, by other MPs & the EU, that the only possible way of proceding became by way of a two (or more) stage plan.

1) Get Out of the EU.

2) When out, back fix the terms & conditions.

We all may think that stage 1 is complete, but the EU is still fighting that war underground!

It should all improve over the next 6 months, or so.

That's assuming that the plague will be on the back burner by then.

Our lovely MPs are still playing very public games around schools, vaccinations, taxation, etc., as those are what, they think, will get them re-elected.

Oh! and many of them still want to be in the EU!

I don't think things will improve if we keep allowing the EU to dick us over and we sit here doing nothing. They've banned our shellfish exports, created a border in Ireland (albeit temporary) and are cutting the UK off from its financial markets.

They are also making life difficult deliberately with our transport and also frustrating the Northern Ireland border with the UK (that now exists when it didn't before).

We need leadership and some backbone from our government. With an 80 seat majority they have a golden opportunity.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
It amazes me that anyone would have thought that all would be all champagne and roses the moment we left, it is something we will all have to work towards and will take time. Leaving was just the first step on a long journey, undoing forty years of lies, duplicity and deep rooted vested interests and corruption was never going to take five minutes, so keep the faith I say, keep the faith and the rewards will be great in time. I don't believe that any other party can pull this off and voting for any other party will only dilute the power required to succeed.
I agree with all you said Barry!

Only a fool would think that leaving would be easy, but at least we are out !
The EU have tried their best to stop us from leaving, for fear of others wanting to do the same, but we are now in control of our own future. It may not be easy but it is what we wanted, so being loyal to the party that got us out, is the best way to go.
Petra
Essex
Petra is female  Petra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 02:28 PM

I still have faith but sometimes it's not easy. I believe that if this shitstorm that we're going through hadn't happened the government would be putting more of their energies behind fighting the eu, once again.
There's only so many hours in a day, and right now we have other more pressing priorities to deal with.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 02:42 PM

Its like any divorce, only the lawyers win..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top