Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 04:31 PM

Re: Ben Habib & June Mummery on the Crap Fishing Deal

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Still with the nastiness and deceit I see.

That is wrong.
I think that our fishing should be sustainable and if it can't be then like any other business it should adapt.
I know you find it difficult to understand but that is how the world works.

You're a hypocrite, harping on and on about fishing when the reality is that it is mostly for fish that we don't eat while at the same time you try to put British companies out iof business and reduce the country's tax take by trying to save a few quid by buying your stuff from overseas!

Save the fishermen but bu@@er the rest, spend your money overseas like Bread.
That hypocrisy is why nobody but a few cronies here bothers posting on your threads.
So you're the one with zero credibility - and by nastiness and deliberate deceit like this which I am responding to you're making your stance look even worse.

From the deceit and hypocrisy as shown by you very clearly above and which I have pointed out, that is really very sad to see you try and falsely suggest.
It's not the first time you've tried to hide your inadequacies by falsely blaming me though.
Something l have noticed about remainers like you is that your
economic maths is totally skewed!
How can a recurring deficit be an advantage??
How can giving up a viable and renewable asset to others be an
advantage ??
How can relying on a single industry (banking )for your countries well
being be an advantage??
If you answer at all, don't answer with another question or a string of
links please??

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
PS. I think the only answer is for the fishermen to ignore the EU
quotas from now on and just carry on as normal as far as possible
Just to see what our government's stance is??
On the decimated east coast fishing grounds just string rows of
lobster pot etc over strategic areas to deter the super trawlers from
continuing to plunder our waters and so give them the rest they
need??
I read somewhere not that long ago that Greenpeace were already doing that with blocks of concrete. Yeah, here it is.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I read somewhere not that long ago that Greenpeace were already doing that with blocks of concrete. Yeah, here it is.
Yes, l believe they still do it Percy !! Good idea imo??
We could use Green peace for our enviromental data on fishing as
well ?

Donkeyman! 👍🤔🤔👍
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 11:59 AM

Something l have noticed about remainers like you is that your
economic maths is totally skewed!
You too have to resort to insults rather than use what little ability you posess to debate effectively without it?
Remainer indeed.

Let's see your economic argument in print as to how people buying overseas to save money increases the profitability of UK business or the tax receipts for the country since you mistakenly think my maths is skewed?

How can giving up a viable and renewable asset to others be an
advantage ??
How can relying on a single industry (banking )for your countries well
being be an advantage??
If you answer at all, don't answer with another question or a string of
links please??

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
What "viable and renewable asset" are we giving up?
Not our seas - they are ours (and you can't grasp that so go round and round and .......).
Access to the the fish in our waters that we don't even eat?
What an asset - fish we don't eat and which judging by current actions we couldn't even sell.
An "asset" that in total over the course of a year is probably worth less than a day's output from our auto manufacturing sector alone.
Ooh yes, what a valuable asset that is.

We don't rely on banking.
You are so naive that still you haven't looked at what makes up the UK's income?
Warning: link time.

"The services sector—which comprises many industries including finance, retail, and entertainment—accounts for more than three-quarters of the U.K.'s GDP, while manufacturing and production account for less than 21%."

https://www.investopedia.com/article...akes-money.asp

I've shown you before that manufacturing is on the increase too.
Would you like me to link that evidence again?

I know that being confronted with inarguable factual evidence annoys some here, presumably either because they do not understand it or because they cannot themselves provide evidence which suggests what I post to be wrong.
Certainly it's a lack of educational attainment, since quoting and referencing research is a vital part of earning a degree in any subject AFAIK.
Well: tough luck if you don't like evidence posting here is the honest response to that.

Tell you what Donks: you stop asking daft questions that ignore current accepted reality and I will stop posting links that show you just how wrong you are.
Fair?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

28-02-2021, 12:12 PM

You too have to resort to insults rather than use what little ability you posess to debate effectively without it?
Remainer indeed.

Let's see your economic argument in print as to how people buying overseas to save money increases the profitability of UK business or the tax receipts for the country since you mistakenly think my maths is skewed?

What "viable and renewable asset" are we giving up?
Not our seas - they are ours (and you can't grasp that so go round and round and .......).
Access to the the fish in our waters that we don't even eat?
What an asset - fish we don't eat and which judging by current actions we couldn't even sell.
An "asset" that in total over the course of a year is probably worth less than a day's output from our auto manufacturing sector alone.
Ooh yes, what a valuable asset that is.

We don't rely on banking.
You are so naive that still you haven't looked at what makes up the UK's income?
Warning: link time.

"The services sector—which comprises many industries including finance, retail, and entertainment—accounts for more than three-quarters of the U.K.'s GDP, while manufacturing and production account for less than 21%."

https://www.investopedia.com/article...akes-money.asp

I've shown you before that manufacturing is on the increase too.
Would you like me to link that evidence again?

I know that being confronted with inarguable factual evidence annoys some here, presumably either because they do not understand it or because they cannot themselves provide evidence which suggests what I post to be wrong.
Certainly it's a lack of educational attainment, since quoting and referencing research is a vital part of earning a degree in any subject AFAIK.
Well: tough luck if you don't like evidence posting here is the honest response to that.

Tell you what Donks: you stop asking daft questions that ignore current accepted reality and I will stop posting links that show you just how wrong you are.
Fair?
I take it that is a-" cant answer your question"then eh Zaph ??
Don't waste my time !

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 12:16 PM

I take it that is a-" cant answer your question"then eh Zaph ??
Don't waste my time !

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
Oi!
Stop the nastiness!

Unless you really are having some sort of strange problem it is patently obvious that I answered your question in full.
Thank me some other time.
And how about you try to answer the question I asked you instead of again resorting to blatant nastiness?
"Let's see your economic argument in print as to how people buying overseas to save money increases the profitability of UK business or the tax receipts for the country since you mistakenly think my maths is skewed?"
Zaphod
Lincs UK

28-02-2021, 12:23 PM

The government only a month or so ago launched a consultation with the Marine Management Organisation to ban bottom-trawling in a few areas including Dogger Bank.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...areas-proposed
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 05:24 PM

The government only a month or so ago launched a consultation with the Marine Management Organisation to ban bottom-trawling in a few areas including Dogger Bank.

Yeah, but how long will it take before a decision is made? There's nothing in that article that gives a possible end date to the consultation. At least GP is making an effort to stop bottom trawling (even if it might turn out to be illegal).
Zaphod
Lincs UK

28-02-2021, 05:43 PM

Yeah, but how long will it take before a decision is made? There's nothing in that article that gives a possible end date to the consultation. At least GP is making an effort to stop bottom trawling (even if it might turn out to be illegal).
The end date is on the gov.uk site and referenced by me below.
Otherwise I won't disagree with you except to say that it means that such actions are being actively considered and will be implemented if considered appropriate.

If the MMO respond in good time there's no reason for delay but like most things, it takes time - especially when the MMO only started their investigations on Feb 1st this year and is due to conclude on 28th March.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/m...rotected-areas
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 06:27 PM

Still going on.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top