Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 03:18 PM

Re: Meanwhile at Goldman Sachs ...

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Engineering will be the first division to build out in Birmingham with a mix of hiring and employee transfers. Similar to other strategic locations, multiple areas of the firm will also leverage this opportunity and we expect to have a headcount of several hundred across a number of divisions over time.

The Birmingham office is an exciting opportunity to build on the successful expansion of other strategic locations and technology hubs in Europe in recent years, including Warsaw and Stockholm.

https://www.goldmansachs.com/media-r...-apr-2021.html
and the 2 biggest will be in the UK.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 03:25 PM

Engineering will be the first division to build out in Birmingham with a mix of hiring and employee transfers. Similar to other strategic locations, multiple areas of the firm will also leverage this opportunity and we expect to have a headcount of several hundred across a number of divisions over time.

The Birmingham office is an exciting opportunity to build on the successful expansion of other strategic locations and technology hubs in Europe in recent years, including Warsaw and Stockholm.

https://www.goldmansachs.com/media-r...-apr-2021.html
Aw thanks Solly me old chucky.

"an exciting opportunity".

In the post-Brexit UK, no less.
It kinda proves your negativity towards the UK to be restricted to insignificant little keyboard warriors like yourself when major influential multinational banking and investment groups like Goldman Sachs see the UK as "an exciting opportunity" and choose to expand here.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Aw thanks Solly me old chucky.

"an exciting opportunity".

In the post-Brexit UK, no less.
It kinda proves your negativity towards the UK to be restricted to insignificant little keyboard warriors like yourself when major influential multinational banking and investment groups like Goldman Sachs see the UK as "an exciting opportunity" and choose to expand here.
I understand fully well, so little to be getting excited about in these dreary times.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 03:43 PM

Try not to laugh

Goldman Sachs backs pro-EU campaign with 'six figure donation'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35366994
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 04:05 PM

I understand fully well, so little to be getting excited about in these dreary times.
Ooh yes I forgot that there is that for you poor souls in EUland.

Here in the UK we have much to look forward to.
Business is opening up; the economy is doing well; the risk of death from a nasty virus is receding; and on top of all that we have summer to look forward to.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

13-04-2021, 06:46 PM

Thanks, but I remedy my dark moments by visiting this forum. The things posters here spout makes me laugh for hours. You are one of my greatest uplifters,, by the way.
I could become even more of a feature and promote your early retirement ....... again.

You only have to ask.

Confidence among big businesses in Britain about their profits in the year ahead has hit a record high
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-h...-idUSKBN2BY0U0
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 04:48 PM

*** More bickering posts have been noted and removed.

Please keep your bickering off this forum.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Try not to laugh

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35366994
From your link:
As a result of that donation?
In a speech at the World Economic Forum in Davos on Thursday, Mr Cameron will say the "voice of business" must be heard in the run-up to the referendum on the UK's membership of EU - which will take place before the end of 2017.

No wonder greensill bank thought david cameron was the man to go to for a bit of public money.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

16-04-2021, 09:49 AM

"According to a survey of chief financial officers by the accountancy firm Deloitte, 80% of bosses believe Britain is on the cusp of a strong recovery. The upswing in confidence helped push expectations for hiring and business investment to the highest level in almost six years, with respondents saying they anticipate rising profits over the next year."

https://order-order.com/2021/04/15/8...er-optimistic/

Rather than shooting another messenger, please consider the content in any response.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

16-04-2021, 09:54 AM

From your link:
As a result of that donation?
In a speech at the World Economic Forum in Davos on Thursday, Mr Cameron will say the "voice of business" must be heard in the run-up to the referendum on the UK's membership of EU - which will take place before the end of 2017.

No wonder greensill bank thought david cameron was the man to go to for a bit of public money.
What has Greensil got to do with Goldman Sachs expanding here & our promising economy?
And how does it affect you, anyway?

But here, if you want to head down that road:

https://order-order.com/2021/04/15/u...ate-lobbyists/

If you must continue and discuss off-topic then don't shoot the messenger.
Discuss the content.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top