Join for free
Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 03:29 PM

Re: J&J Vaccine on Hold in the USA and EU

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Your hatred for our country is coming to the fore yet again.
-)
Friend, if I would point to EU hatred in posts on this forum, I would be busy all day. I just regard it as symptomatic of little england syndrome.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Friend, if I would point to EU hatred in posts on this forum, I would be busy all day. I just regard it as symptomatic of little england syndrome.

The EU isn't a country.

It is a political construct.
What you see of comments about the EU is generally disdain rather than hatred which if you must compare are akin to disdain of our own government.
Not an entire country.

The UK however is a country and you are on a part of the forum dedicated to the UK leaving the EU.
I've not seen any hatred directed to The Netherlands where you live - and nor would I expect to.
Because it is both unreasonable and unacceptable.

However your hatred of our country is showing yet again.
That is both unreasonable and unacceptable.
As such I am no "friend" of somebody with such deplorable attitudes as to describe us as "little Englanders".
That is just plain nastiness.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 04:27 PM

The EU isn't a country.

It is a political construct.
What you see of comments about the EU is generally disdain rather than hatred which if you must compare are akin to disdain of our own government.
Not an entire country.

The UK however is a country and you are on a part of the forum dedicated to the UK leaving the EU.
I've not seen any hatred directed to The Netherlands where you live - and nor would I expect to.
Because it is both unreasonable and unacceptable.

However your hatred of our country is showing yet again.
That is both unreasonable and unacceptable.
As such I am no "friend" of somebody with such deplorable attitudes as to describe us as "little Englanders".
That is just plain nastiness.

Bro, the cambridge (england) dictionary describes a little englander as: an*English*person*who*thinks*England*is*better*tha n all other*countries, and that*England*should only*work*together with other*countries*when there is an*advantage*for*England*in doing so.

Don't you think that fits on many a poster here?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 04:30 PM

Bro, the cambridge (england) dictionary describes a little englander as: an*English*person*who*thinks*England*is*better*tha n all other*countries, and that*England*should only*work*together with other*countries*when there is an*advantage*for*England*in doing so.

We don't call ourselves "little englanders" though, that comes from people like you.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 04:34 PM

Don't "bro" me.

We all know what you're implications are and you've made them obvious in many posts too.
You've been caught out with your overt nastiness again.

FYI the whole point of Brexit is the polar opposite of that which you describe.
Unlike the isolationist & protectionist EU, the UK instead wanted to look outwards and have good relationships across the whole world and not just within Europe.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

29-04-2021, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by bread ->
we don't call ourselves "little englanders" though, that comes from people like you.

Spot-on.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

29-04-2021, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We don't call ourselves "little englanders" though, that comes from people like you.
Like they said in the Irish Times, even in 2017:
Why Little England Brexiteers miss the point of the European Union

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...nion-1.3203765
Zaphod
Lincs UK

29-04-2021, 06:30 PM

Like they said in the Irish Times, even in 2017:
Why Little England Brexiteers miss the point of the European Union

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...nion-1.3203765
Ireland is not the UK Solly.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

29-04-2021, 07:11 PM

Ireland is not the UK Solly.
What,? Have you released the irish colony? When did that happen?

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top