Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 11:29 AM

Re: Frosty in EU for talks ??

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Boris always wanted that deal, the EU saw through all his charading, and got the better deal. Remember, the EU always wins.

I wouldn't put the 2nd biggest net contributor walking out the door a win for the EU project at all.

Furthermore the deal the EU wanted was one that kept us in the EU. That failed as well and as for the current state of affairs its looking like 800,000 German cars will have tarrifs on them as well as everything else we import from the EU. That declining market of over priced goods will unravel a lot quicker than you think.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I wouldn't put the 2nd biggest net contributor walking out the door a win for the EU project at all.

Furthermore the deal the EU wanted was one that kept us in the EU. That failed as well and as for the current state of affairs its looking like 800,000 German cars will have tarrifs on them as well as everything else we import from the EU. That declining market of over priced goods will unravel a lot quicker than you think.
That wouldn't bother me really.
I have to say that I don't like the 'infotainment' (Sat Nav) screen on the new Golf. It's all trendy 'touch screen' which, although initially appeared new and progressive, is less practical than the old one with the much easier to use rotating knobs.
It's quite possible that our next car will be from the Far East, unless our own home-grown car production comes up with something more competitive. Now is the time for them to come up with the goods.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That wouldn't bother me really.
I have to say that I don't like the 'infotainment' (Sat Nav) screen on the new Golf. It's all trendy 'touch screen' which, although initially appeared new and progressive, is less practical than the old one with the much easier to use rotating knobs.
It's quite possible that our next car will be from the Far East, unless our own home-grown car production comes up with something more competitive. Now is the time for them to come up with the goods.
I know what you mean but IMHO it's these next 2-5 years that will be most important for our auto industry; at the moment we're only just starting with lithium/batteries & revolutionary electric motors.
If these combined prove successful with our experience too our auto industry could again become a major player.
But it will take a few more years yet for these parts to come together and see how it all pans out.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top