Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 03:47 PM

Re: A large benefit of brexit! Finally.

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You know how it is with englishmen and the law, don't you?

Hunts have continued to be held throughout England and Wales, sometimes with the hunters and hounds following a previously laid scent trail rather than a live fox (drag hunting). When a live fox is hunted, the law requires the animal, if it is killed, to be shot by the hunters rather than killed by the hounds.

Your still wrong and are making things up.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I see only one human in this picture from the usa.

The EU is no better at industrial farming.

Your outrage should be aimed at your fellow member states as well if you feel so strongly.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 03:55 PM

Solly said, "When a live fox is hunted, the law requires the animal, if it is killed, to be shot by the hunters rather than killed by the hounds."

This is actually true. What he fails to mention, of course, is the fact that the hunt saboteurs make sure this happens and video EVERY hunt that takes place in the UK. I happen to know that some UK-based hunts used to travel en masse to France to continue with their full-blooded fox hunting because it wasn't against the law there. I don't know if that is still the case up until Covid restrictions came into force.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

22-04-2021, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Solly said, "When a live fox is hunted, the law requires the animal, if it is killed, to be shot by the hunters rather than killed by the hounds."

This is actually true. What he fails to mention, of course, is the fact that the hunt saboteurs make sure this happens and video EVERY hunt that takes place in the UK. I happen to know that some UK-based hunts used to travel en masse to France to continue with their full-blooded fox hunting because it wasn't against the law there. I don't know if that is still the case up until Covid restrictions came into force.
Yeah its not like bullfighting is it
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 07:39 PM

I didn't know that, but it doesn't come as any surprise. They being less civilised than us.
Percy Vere
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I didn't know that, but it doesn't come as any surprise. They being less civilised than us.
I only know this because a late friend of mine used to "ride to hounds" with a couple of Hunts, one of which went to France a few times.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 04:22 PM

I only know this because a late friend of mine used to "ride to hounds" with a couple of Hunts, one of which went to France a few times.
Well the livestock export rules should put a stop to that Percy ??

Donkeyman! 👍🤔👍
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->

Donkeyman! 👍🤔👍
True enough but covid put a stop to it first.
Percy Vere

24-04-2021, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->

Donkeyman! 👍🤔👍
I would expect so but, as Zaphod said, Covid rules apply ATM. Whether or not it's still legal to hunt foxes on horseback with hounds, I don't know but I did come across this item from last August: https://www.connexionfrance.com/Fren...ormandy-France. It's all about fox hunting in Normandy but doesn't specifically mention our type of fox hunting.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top