Join for free
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 07:50 AM

Re: Is it war??

Originally Posted by bret ->
I blame the Norman invasion meself - it was Norman wot did it - gave them too much self effluence!
Yep you had your Normans, your Franks, then was another bunch called the Alans. Down South East Asia way you've got your Karens and Janes. Who's it going to be next?...The Nigels?...
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 08:10 AM

France is becoming a rogue state.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 08:16 AM

Let's hope it doesn't come to a showdown, historically British warships have not done very well against fishing boats they tend to be on the losing side when push comes to shove.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Let's hope it doesn't come to a showdown, historically British warships have not had many victories against fishing boats they tend to be on the losing side.
Oh yes, the cod wars ....

Just remember, the victors of the cod wars were those reclaiming their fishing grounds. In a head to head, you might be wise to not to bet on a fishing boat when up against a navy frigate.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Oh yes, the cod wars ....

Just remember, the victors of the cod wars were those reclaiming their fishing grounds. In a head to head, you might be wise to not to bet on a fishing boat when up against a navy frigate.
Not quite, Iceland was extending its fishing grounds, not reclaiming them. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Let's hope the water doesn't get too warm.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

06-05-2021, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Not quite, Iceland was extending its fishing grounds, not reclaiming them. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Let's hope the water doesn't get too warm.

Iceland won 3 times

Frances invasions of Jersey - lost twice
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 09:08 AM

We'll have to fully open the pubs when our boys get back from fighting the French. Anything less would be unpatriotic....just heard that the Italians have already surrendered just in case.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 09:40 AM

Last time I heard about an invasion of the Chanislands was by Germany. Just out of interest, my mother was a pom (Northants) she was always banging on about Sark. Said it was her favourite place in the World. So what's the story with there? Is that British? She always said it was but they speak bastardised French there right?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Last time I heard about an invasion of the Chanislands was by Germany. Just out of interest, my mother was a pom (Northants) she was always banging on about Sark. Said it was her favourite place in the World. So what's the story with there? Is that British? She always said it was but they speak bastardised French there right?
Are you being Sarky KZ ??
I don't think you should insult the French like that either, don't you
know how touchy they are ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 10:22 AM

I believe our boats have about forty marines aboard each one ??
So maybe abit of boarding and cutlass work is anticipated ??l
I thought fishing was not very important ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔

Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top