Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 08:46 AM

£40 Billion Electricity Investment.

Hi

A surprise announcement from Ofgem this morning.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/uk...070602599.html

Ofgem can only raise the money by allowing prices to rise, so we will be paying for it whether or not you have a car.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 08:51 AM

Re: £40 Billion Electricity Investment.

I learnt recently that some consumers are already paying for electric cars to charge up because some councils are offering the facility free.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 09:38 AM

There was me thinking Ofgem were fighting to keep prices down for all consumers.

(Silly Me.)
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 09:49 AM

My guess is where the so called 'smart meters' come into play there will be 'peak times' when tariffs will rise considerably and if you want to use electricity at those times there will be no option but to pay.

The whole idea of 'smart meters' being supplied to encourage people to 'save ' on electricity is farcical , those of us on small incomes don't need any meter to help us use as little electricity as possible we do that automatically by only using what is necessary.

The smart meter exercise is about allowing power companies to raise tariffs at certain times of the day.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 10:19 AM

It has to happen for a variety of very good reasons not least to change out life expired national electrical components and need for restructuring to move away from fossil fuel burning home heating. Replacement of fossil fuel road vehicles will also need to be supported but are not going to be the biggest cause for grid update and additional generating capacity will also be required. The only source of the money will be public one way or another. There is no other way.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It has to happen for a variety of very good reasons not least to change out life expired national electrical components and need for restructuring to move away from fossil fuel burning home heating. Replacement of fossil fuel road vehicles will also need to be supported but are not going to be the biggest cause for grid update and additional generating capacity will also be required. The only source of the money will be public one way or another. There is no other way.
Rubbish Todgy !
Multi billionaires could fund it, and not even know they had done
so ??
The motive??
To show appreciation for our support over the years ??

Donkeyman! 👍🤗👍
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Rubbish Todgy !
Multi billionaires could fund it, and not even know they had done
so ??
The motive??
To show appreciation for our support over the years ??

Donkeyman! 👍🤗👍
Why should they? One doesn't make big time gelt by giving it away. Investment is one thing and funding the much needed enhancement by PFI's might be one way but in today's world I wouldn't touch one. Too risky altogether.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Why should they? One doesn't make big time gelt by giving it away. Investment is one thing and funding the much needed enhancement by PFI's might be one way but in today's world I wouldn't touch one. Too risky altogether.
I thought high interest rates cancelled risks Todgy ??

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

25-05-2021, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I thought high interest rates cancelled risks Todgy ??

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗

No, high interest rates don't cancel risk. A risk remains a risk. All high interest rates do is make the odds of the ever present risk of failure that all investments carry more attractive when it comes to taking a punt.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top