Join for free
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 12:11 PM

Re: Now tell me why our police should not be armed.

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
If people use knives or machetes in violent fights, they cannot be sure that they won't kill people .
Giving the police guns will just make these people more violent and they may kill the police.

I am sick of hearing people say "we shouldn't kill murderers" then complain that people are regularly killed on our streets.

If we want to stop violent attacks, lets kill the people responsible for them & teach others that violence is not acceptable and we wont tolerate it with just a few years in prison as punishment!

I don't agree that it makes us as bad as the criminals, and those who think that way would soon change their mind if these violent criminals killed somebody they love, when released from prison >

Every time these events are reported there will be others who think they can do the same.... and it will get worse.
But our police are not routinely armed yet there is a spiralling increase in knive crime…tasers?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 12:12 PM

With all of the cameras mounted just about everywhere, these days, they never seem to be able to spot thugs walking round with full size metal swords or machetes.

They can catch a speeding driver OK, though!

We don't need bigger weapons, we need more Police out there!

(and Prison sentences which will make the idiots think twice)
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
It went way too far many years ago, what was badly needed many years' ago was zero tolerance and even more so now.

Police are armed, maybe not routinely but there are 6,500 who carry firearms in the UK:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...and-and-wales/

What is needed I believe is for Tasers to replace the outdated batons they carry. What use is a baton against someone holding a knife, machete or firearm? Someone with that mindset is not going to listen to reason or persuasion and probably will not even hear what's being said!

I am reminded of a prediction made by Enoch Powell in 1969, many years' ago now, possibly not quite in context of what happened in Brixton yesterday but nevertheless it's happening, however slowly it is also getting worse:

https://news.sky.com/story/enoch-pow...ation-11339291

Just 16 years' later there were riots in Brixton and Tottenham, how long before this happens again now following yesterday's worrying disturbances?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/50035769

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/d...00/4094928.stm

Tasers? Nah, just shoot the bastards - and I'm deadly serious. That or knee on carotid arteries for a few minutes, that has been shown to solve the problem even if only one case at a time.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Well it's mostly in London, so as long as it stays in London....Just arm the coppers down there and see how it goes, but make sure that it doesn't make it a free for all....
It won't stay just in London. Those people are drug users/dealers. It USED TO BE just in the big cities of America. It is now in EVERY town in America. Even in the middle schools (grades 6-8).

Arming cops is opening Pandora's Box. I guarantee that once cops are armed, it is only a matter of time before cops will begin shooting unarmed civilians. Including little kids. Yes, that's right. I said little kids. I have lost track of how many little kids were killed by trigger happy cops.

Cops in America routinely murder the homeless, severely mentally ill, and in one recent case, a nurse who was peacefully sleeping in her own bed when cops mistakenly raided the wrong house.

Cop culture is a macho culture. Not only that , but cop culture attracts those who enjoy violence.

So, if you want your relatives, friends, neighbors to be drug out of their cars and beaten within an inch of their lives, then by all means, arm cops. If you want your towns, villages etc to look like downtown Beirut, then by all means, arm cops.

It's a very slippery slope.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
With all of the cameras mounted just about everywhere, these days, they never seem to be able to spot thugs walking round with full size metal swords or machetes.

They can catch a speeding driver OK, though!

We don't need bigger weapons, we need more Police out there!

(and Prison sentences which will make the idiots think twice)
Much better to shoot them mid knife crime. I REALLY like the American police way of dealing with filth.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
But our police are not routinely armed yet there is a spiralling increase in knive crime…tasers?
Tasers may help, but only if the policeman spots the criminal first!
I am thinking of a longer term solution so, if they take one life, they will never be able to take another!
But we are all too soft for that in Britain.... and that is why they commit these violent acts here
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

03-06-2021, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
It won't stay just in London. Those people are drug users/dealers. It USED TO BE just in the big cities of America. It is now in EVERY town in America. Even in the middle schools (grades 6-8).

Arming cops is opening Pandora's Box. I guarantee that once cops are armed, it is only a matter of time before cops will begin shooting unarmed civilians. Including little kids. Yes, that's right. I said little kids. I have lost track of how many little kids were killed by trigger happy cops.

Cops in America routinely murder the homeless, severely mentally ill, and in one recent case, a nurse who was peacefully sleeping in her own bed when cops mistakenly raided the wrong house.

Cop culture is a macho culture. Not only that , but cop culture attracts those who enjoy violence.

So, if you want your relatives, friends, neighbors to be drug out of their cars and beaten within an inch of their lives, then by all means, arm cops. If you want your towns, villages etc to look like downtown Beirut, then by all means, arm cops.

It's a very slippery slope.
What we face now is being on a very much worse slippery slope. In any case just doing what a police officer tells you to do when he tells you to do it works pretty well.

Personally I WANT our police to be armed 100% of the time.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 12:27 PM

It is impossible to teach thugs ANYTHING. They don't care, and, moreover, the more heavily armed the cops are, the more heavily armed the thugs become.

I hate to say it but, the U.K. has already lost the battle. Anytime national borders mean nothing, anytime you allow one and all to become residents, your culture is doomed.
Soon, your country will become a war zone.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	MRAP-23.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	15770  
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 12:47 PM

We need more police for sure. Back in the day up here in Scotland, police were big burly brutes who didn't think twice about taking you round the back and charging you with "resisting arrest". They walked the streets and everyone felt safer. Now you get little guys with big attitudes standing with their hands in their vests looking the other way because its too much paperwork.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Tasers? Nah, just shoot the bastards - and I'm deadly serious. That or knee on carotid arteries for a few minutes, that has been shown to solve the problem even if only one case at a time.
Made me chuckle. Have you thought of a career in the judiciary?

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top