Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 06:39 AM

The Triple Lock.

Hi

It is under threat for next year.

https://www.livemint.com/news/world/...147117425.html

Exceptional times, exceptional circumstances.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 06:51 AM

Re: The Triple Lock.

I would happily forgoe my pension increase, provided it went to the nursing profession.

They deserve to be treated better than the national whipping boy.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
I would happily forgoe my pension increase, provided it went to the nursing profession.

Hi

Exactly right
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->

I definitely agree. After all, 2.5% of very little is still very little. How some retirees manage on just the state pension baffles me.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I definitely agree. After all, 2.5% of very little is still very little. How some retirees manage on just the state pension baffles me.
You have to be married to a Greek longdriver !
We live on special offers and don't travel at all !!
It's quite easy actually !!

Donkeyman! 👍🤗👍
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 09:46 AM

Have to have private pensions to survive here 100% and knew that Bread and Wine was cheap but..joking aside.. just living on a state pension, it is not possible. I got a very small increase on one of my early pensions that I did not think worth continuing with at the start ..10p increase each Month the stamp and envelope plus the letter has cost more than that for the first years worth.
I still find it hard to believe the sea rescue service the RNLI are self funded.

The UK is one of the very few places in the World that has a decent Health Care System, funded in the manner that it is.
Australia is funded similar to France and it does open your eyes when you discover these varying systems. If the various governments carry on doing what they do..burying their heads yet again,but deeper, it is going to be almost impossible to keep the standards at an acceptable level.

I can give an example...Electricity is about the same cost as the UK..only problem is they add on another one third approx in various taxes.....250 becomes nearer 350 Euros
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
You have to be married to a Greek longdriver !
We live on special offers and don't travel at all !!
It's quite easy actually !!

Donkeyman! 👍🤗👍
My wife's origins are many miles from Greece DM and as a clue her give name is Tove .. she pronounces it Too^veh. I just call her my blondie
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)

20-06-2021, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
Have to have private pensions to survive here 100% and knew that Bread and Wine was cheap but..joking aside.. just living on a state pension, it is not possible. I got a very small increase on one of my early pensions that I did not think worth continuing with at the start ..10p increase each Month the stamp and envelope plus the letter has cost more than that for the first years worth.
I still find it hard to believe the sea rescue service the RNLI are self funded.

The UK is one of the very few places in the World that has a decent Health Care System, funded in the manner that it is.
Australia is funded similar to France and it does open your eyes when you discover these varying systems. If the various governments carry on doing what they do..burying their heads yet again,but deeper, it is going to be almost impossible to keep the standards at an acceptable level.

I can give an example...Electricity is about the same cost as the UK..only problem is they add on another one third approx in various taxes.....250 becomes nearer 350 Euros
Electricity here is made higher by green levies AND that horrid VAT. Why it attracts VAT my MP failed to explain and blamed the EU, but since Brexit were are STILL being charged VAT on the leccie!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 11:25 AM

Triple lock is unaffordable.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)

20-06-2021, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Triple lock is unaffordable.
Of course it is and always was. It was most probably only introduced as an election gimmick and now it's well established, any party deciding to ditch it will incur much wroth. It'll be interesting to see how BJ handles this one

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top