Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 12:52 PM

Re: Imran Khan

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Pakistan has a sizeable number of the more radical Muslims who treat women as lower forms of life.

Unfortunately we are still importing them to the UK by means of arranged marriages.

This needs to stop.
Not radical --- devout.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Not radical --- devout.
Hi

There we disagree and always will.

Such is life.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 01:00 PM

'A woman, a dog, a walnut tree. The more you beat them, the better they be. (Supposedly) Aesop.
If you believe that then it offends me, so perhaps I should just put you on ignore
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 01:05 PM

'A woman, a dog, a walnut tree. The more you beat them, the better they be. (Supposedly) Aesop.
I’m glad you said “ supposedly “.....who said that?

I’ve heard treat them mean to keep them keen.

Which many woman like to be treated.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I’m glad you said “ supposedly “.....who said that?

I’ve heard treat them mean to keep them keen.

Which many woman like to be treated.
Why would any intelligent woman want to be treated mean to stay keen?
I am sorry but any woman who thinks that way does a disservice to the many women who fought hard for equality ( like the suffragettes)... so should be ashamed of themselves!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am sorry but any woman who thinks that way does a disservice to the many women who fought hard for equality ( like the suffragettes)... so should be ashamed of themselves!
I agree Twink. Maybe the men should behave in such a way to ensure the women stay keen? If any man treated me mean, keen would be the last thing I'd be
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 01:21 PM

If you believe that then it offends me, so perhaps I should just put you on ignore
Now you should KNOW that response will guarantee that I will reply that I fully agree with it - but of course I don't.

There is no way that beating a dog would improve its temperament!

As for the rest, personally I doubt if Aesop wrote it.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 01:23 PM

It is only because men treated women mean that they (women) became keen to level the playing field and stop men from being mean.

Quite right too!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

25-06-2021, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
It is only because men treated women mean that they (women) became keen to level the playing field and stop men from being mean.

Quite right too!!
I agree that women needed to level the playing field! I just cant understand why any woman would be keen to be with a man who treated her mean. I disposed of any partner who didn't treat me as an equal!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

25-06-2021, 01:31 PM

Equality? That presumes much and is against nature. Kingsley captures the latter in his poem The Three Fishers "For men must work, and women must weep, And there's little to earn, and many to keep, Though the harbor bar be moaning."

The bar in this case is not a dockside boozer (for the benefit of the ignorant).

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top